Chapter 5

It had been about 10 minuets since Isaac had left the room, and Oliver was finally calming down. The scrawny borrower cautiously stepped out from his hiding space to see that Isaac had indeed left the room. Oliver walked to the edge of the desk on which he stood, and looked down. It was too far to drop without a fatal injury, and his hook was still broken. Isaac said some choice words beneath his breath as he sat down, realizing that he would have to get help in order to leave.

Oliver let out an exasperated sigh as he strode back to his hiding spot.  He slumped down to a sitting position waiting for something to happen. Just when he was beginning to dose off though, he herd the human coming back. Oliver peered from his hiding place as Isaac strode in with colossal steps, and came to the desk. He placed down what looked like food, near where Oliver hid, causing the young borrower to flinch back.

Isaac sat down looking in the general direction of where Oliver was hiding. He had brought food in an attempt to earn the borrowers trust. He had already gotten a relatively good look at the tiny person but had no idea what he was exactly. The few words that they did exchange were bare of any useful information about Oliver's origin.

Well this is awkward he thought to himself. He didn't want to frighten the tiny boy any more than he already had, but it seemed as though Oliver wasn't going to come out on his own. He hummed lightly before deciding to just go ahead and say it.

The human cleared his throat "so um, you know I can see you right?" Oliver looked out from his hiding place to see the giants massive form sitting just a few yards away. His eyes traced up the humongous form till both of their eyes met. This time, though, Oliver wasn't as scarred. It appeared as if he would have to get the human to help him in order to leave. The borrower cautiously stepped out from his hiding place and toward the mysterious plate.

"Oh, uh yeah, I thought you might be hungry so I brought you some food. But don't worry, I didn't do anything to it, not that I would I just....." the human drifted off as Oliver approached the food. It appeared to be cut up strawberries, which just so happened to be Oliver's favorite.

His eyes stayed locked on the humans as he cautiously reached for a slice. He backed away slowly before slumping down into a cross cross sitting position. He looked at the human warily before taking a bite into the fruit. His tastebuds screamed with delight as he chewed happily on the red berry. Flavor filled his mouth like none other, he hadn't had fruit for the longest time and had forgotten then how amazing it was. Juice covered his hands and face but he didn't care, he had been famished.

Just then he was interrupted by the giant giggling. Oliver's fear suddenly returned, as he remembered his present situation. The human suddenly became self conscious and s stopped laughing. " sorry, you just looked so cute and happy, like a little kid." He said as his cheeks burned.

Humans are so confusing. Isaac didn't seem to have any malicious intent but how could Oliver be sure? They starred at each other in awkward silence before the human broke the silence again " so uh...you like strawberries?" Oliver nodded "yeah...um, my mom used to get them for me on my birthday...." He trailed off. Isaac however grew more and more intrigued by the second.

"So, have you always been this small? Or did something happen to make you that size. You don't have to answer if it's a sensitive topic, we can talk about something else I don't mind." The giants words stumbled out, confusing Oliver more.
Wasn't he supposed to be pleading for his life? Wasn't the giant going to kill him mercilessly? What about all the stories he had been told as a kid? Did he really just want to talk? Isaac cleared his throat again snapping Oliver out of his thoughts. "Oh um, well it's fine, I was kinda....born like this, so...." Oliver drifted off not sure what to say next.

"Woah that's so cool. What's it like being that small?" Isaac inquired, curiosity practically bursting out of him.

"Its uh...I don't know, it's normal. What's it like being so big?" Oliver replied

"same I guess, kinda hard to describe" the human shrugged.

"So if you were born this way, does that mean that there are more of you?" Isaac asked.

"I...I can't....tell...you." Oliver said, bracing for the human to get mad.

"Its okay, I was just wondering if you had a family. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He stated in a nonchalant way.

Oliver looked up at Isaac with a queer expression. "Wait, so you wont make me tell you?" Isaac looked shocked

"n-no why would I make you say stuff if you didn't want to?!"

Now it was Oliver's turn to be confused " wait, so you wont hurt me or...or eat me..." he said the last part sheepishly

"no! Your basically human. Please don't think that I want to hurt you." Oliver looked up at the human, he looked Ernest enough, but he was also a human. Oliver nodded warily and continued eating his strawberry.