Chapter 7: Maybe

Kion woke up, shivering. He opened his eyes and groaned. He was still outside with the other males. It was a freezing cold night. 

Kion growled and stood up. He wasn't going to be treated like this, again. He marched into the den.

Kion roared and the lionesses jumped up. Rani stretched and walked over to him, "What do you want."

"I want you all out of here," Kion growled, "Males are never treated like this in a pride." "You aren't apart of this pride!" A lioness roared.

"Hey! Don't say that!" Rani turned to the lioness. She looked back at Kion, "There isn't enough room for both males and females. And lionesses go through a lot, so we get to sleep in the cave," Rani explained.

"Oh yeah? Like what!" Kion growled.

"Lionesses go through pregnancy, heat, hunting, fighting, giving birth, and dealing with males like you!" She glared at him.

Kion rolled his eye's, "You think lionesses have it bad! Males have to deal with lionesses."

Rani froze, "Oh...sorry." "Now we would all appreciate it..." Kion pointed to the sleeping lions outside, "...If we could sleep in here."

"Well...I guess we could share," Rani turned to the lionesses. They shrugged. "Thank you," Kion dipped his head in appreciation.

"No problem," Rani walked back to her moss bed and laid down. Kion ran out of the den, "Hey guys!"

Kovu lifted his head, "What." "Rani said we could share the den!" Kion replied. The males instantly jumped up, "Really!" Kion nodded. They all dashed into the den.

Kovu walked up to Kion, "Good job kid." "Thanks, but don't call me 'kid' ok?" Kovu chuckled, "Sure." He and Kion walked into the den.

All the males were sleeping next to a lioness, but thankfully no one minded. Kovu laid beside a light furred lioness.

Kion looked for a place to sleep, realizing Rani's was the only place left. He walked over to her cautiously, "Um...Rani?" Rani lifted her head, "Yes?"

"Is it ok if I sleep next to you?" Kion asked. "Sure," Rani smiled and stood up. Kion laid down, and Rani cuddled into his chest.

"You do realize you're cuddling with me right?" Kion raised an eyebrow. Rani nodded, "You're soft."

Kion smiled. At least this was better than having his fur ripped off. He let Rani get comfortable, then fell asleep.

Rani was shocked that she was letting herself sleep this close to Kion. But he was warm and very soft. She started to think she judged him too soon. "Maybe I should give him a chance," She whispered. Her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

The next morning, Kion was the first to wake up. Rani was still next to Kion. He smiled and gently stood up, trying not to wake her.

Kion walked out of the den. He wanted to go back to the Pridelands to see if his family had changed.

Kion ran across the border, and headed toward Priderock.

Kion ran under Priderock, and heard Simba talking. His voice as loud as an elephant.

"Kion is just a waste of fur. It's a good thing he's gone..." Simba's voice trailed off. Kion sighed. He walked back toward the outlands.

Kion figured he should catch something for the pride, so he went hunting in the Pridelands.

Kion caught two gazelles, and dragged them back.

Kion dragged the gazelles into the den. Kovu lifted his head, "Wow! Nice catch!" Kion smiled. Everyone came up to eat. Kion grabbed a gazelle and gave it to Rani. She looked at him confused. "This is yours. All yours. You don't have to share," Kion said.

Rani smiled, "Thank you!" She started eating. Kovu walked up to Kion, "Time for training."