Chapter 12: Rani?

Kion ran out of Rani's den, "Does anyone know how to heal!" They all stared at him, and Kovu stepped forward, "No. None of us do."

"What about Queen Rani! Do you all just want her to die!" Kion shouted. "No! Of course not!" A lioness shouted.

"Then we have to find a way to heal her! Everyone! Run and find any herb you can!" Kion ordered. They all did so.

Kion decided to help them, because he grew up in the Pridelands and knew more about herbs than the rest of them.

A male lion watched Kion leave. He was from the pride, but always stuck to the shadows.

(Ajax, 19, Ajax means, "Eagle")

Ajax looked around once more to make sure everyone was gone. Then he slithered out of the shadows ans dashed into Rani's den.

Rani lay on her side, her breathing was hoarse, and her eyes were closed.

Ajax looked down at her, emotionless. Rani just barely opened her eyes, but didn't have the strength the say anything.

Ajax lifted her chin with his claw and whispered in her ear, "Looks like it's time for you to join Scar in hell!"

He could see Rani tense up. He smirked evilly and rolled her onto her back, exposing her stomach, neck and chest.

He was about to bite into her neck, when Rani suddenly whispered, "Never, let your guard down." Ajax was confused for a moment, when Rani threw him off with her hind paws. Ajax crashed into the stone wall and fell to the ground. He quickly stood up.

Rani was on her paws, but her legs were shaking, and blood was gushing out of her stomach.

Rani breathed heavily and attacked. She swiped her claws across Ajax's muzzle. Ajax grabbed her skull, and flipped her hard onto her back.

As they were fighting, Kion walked in with a bunch of herbs on his jaws. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Rani turned around to face him. As she was distracted, Ajax took the opportunity. He pinned her down on her side, and held his paw to her head, slowly, but firmly pressing down. Rani groaned in pain.

Kion roared and attacked. As he ran, he unsheathed his claws.

Ajax saw this and ducked when Kion lunged at him. Kion landed hard against the wall, hitting his head. The world went dizzy.

Kion stood on his paws, but fumbled and collapsed. He looked up and saw four Ajaxs' staring at him, growling.

Kion shook his head and stood up. His vision was normal. He attacked Ajax.

Ajax slammed Kion into the ground.

There was a loud roar. Ajax looked up and saw the Outland Pride. "Leave Kion and our queen alone!" A lioness growled.

Ajax, knowing he was outnumbered, left.

Kion stood up, and ran to Rani, whos wound had opened up more. Kion gently slid his paw across her body. Her warmth was slowly slipping away.

Kion dug into the pile and grabbed cobwebs. He wrapped them around the huge gash on her stomach. The cobwebs instantly were covered in blood. Kion put another layer on to be sure. Then he grabbed some soaked moss, and Poppy seeds.

Kion forced Rani to drink from the moss, then he fed her the Poppy seeds, "These should numb the pain for you."

Kion walked out of her den and sighed. Kovu sat next to him, "You alright?" "Yeah. I'm just scared that I might not be able to save Rani," Kion admitted.

"Well, you're the only lion here with even the smallest bit of healing experience. Her life is in your paws," Kovu replied. Kion tucked his ears down, "Thanks a lot."

"Oh sorry Kion. I didn't mean to make you nervous, or stressed."

Kion sighed and was about to speak, but he heard pawsteps from inside Rani's cave. He turned around and gasped. Rani was healed and looked so...different.

Rani had a vine wrapped around her neck with Cougar teeth on it. She also had two of those on her leg. He noticed the Cougar claw attached to her ear.

"R-Rani?" Kion asked

Rani glared at him and unsheathed her claws, which were double the size of a normal lion's claws.

"Move unless you want to die," She growled. Kion and Kovu stepped aside. Rani walked past them, but shoved Kion.

"Hey!" Kion growled. Rani smirked evilly and kept walking ahead.

"What's gotten into her," Kion snarled. "I'm not sure. But whatever it is, it's definitely bad."