Welcome to Sanctuary Pt.1

In the forest a deer was grazing peacefully, minding its own business. It had been attacked many times by wolves and such, and had always survived the encounter. However, it did not know that today its luck would run out. The last thing it heard and saw was an unfamiliar roar and an maw of teeth snapping shut around its head

The creature then eats the deer as another individual joins in, a female

The larger one turns and roars

It cuts to Crystal Cove High, we see Velma eagerly discussing DnD withother students

Velma: In D&D, each player creates a heroic character to represent them in the game: this might be a skilled fighter, a devout cleric, a deadly rogue, a spellcasting wizard, or something else entirely! Together, the Dungeon Master or DM, and players create an exciting story where their bold adventurers confront deadly perils. Even if the group doesn’t complete the adventure successfully, the good time and memories make everyone a winner.

Miles: *writes notes*

Velma: now here's the question for the newcomers of this club, What Do You Need to Start Playing D&D?

Rylan: D&D?

Velma: that's the game

Rylan: I just wanted to be included

Velma: *pats his back* that's ok Rylan

Miko: please tell us the answer!

Velma: Every day, new players discover Dungeons and Dragons with the help of movies and TV shows like Stranger Things. These shows give future players an idea of what you need to start playing D&D. It might seem like a lot. The players always seem to have piles of books, dice, papers, “toys,” maps, and other items scattered all over a large table. It might seem overwhelming.

Miles: *writes notes*

Velma: You might think, “How am I supposed to start playing D&D when I don’t have any of that? How much will it cost? Where do I find players?” Well, Let’s ease those fears right now. You do not need that much to start playing D&D. In fact, you can start playing D&D with just a few items and people.

Shaggy: *thumbs up*

Velma: these include, A Dungeon Master, One set of polyhedral dice, A ruleset and character, A group to play with
Miniatures. These few key items and people will give you a great experience.

Club Members: oooh

Velma:  We’ll start with the most essential items and people. Then, we’ll continue on to items that will greatly enhance your experience.