Zee

Work was being a bitch as usual. As much as I enjoyed it greatly, having to keep up to the fan service constantly off camera often drained me. I am thankful for my job and what I do but the fan service, I wish that can be cut down on. Or at least to do it with Max though I know for sure as hell, it wouldn't be fan service anymore but as real as it can be.

And yet, I also know that's mighty impossible as we aren't seen as a pair. Rather, we are the two best buds dating other people in our reel life. And our reel and real lives are always being interwined. I was about to sit down for a quick lunch break, having no appetite though when a call came in.

I answered without looking and Max's voice flitted in, rich as usual. "Why aren't you eating?"

"Not hungry. Just having a bit of a headache and thus no appetite. Wait, how did you know.. "

I looked up to see Max smiling at me. He was dressed in a cashmere sweater, the one I had gifted him for Christmas 2 years ago along with jeans and a pair of sneakers. He was also holding my favourite green bean soup. I broke out into a smile involuntarily. I patted the seat next to mine and he sat down.

"How come you are here? You have no filming today. Why didn't you just rest?"

"I rested enough. Plus I just wanted to swing by making sure you ate. You hardly do as it is. And plus you have a long day today."

I grinned sheepishly at Max. He opened the soup and prepared the cutlery for me. I was about to dig in when a phone call came in. I took it, about to stand up, walk away to answer it but Max held onto my hand and didn't let me go. I answered it there and then and Max waited. But 10 minutes later, when he realized I wasn't going to hang up, Max fed me the soup instead. I looked at him quizzically but he shot me "the" look so I complied.

I was midway through the soup when my call ended.

"Sorry, didn't mean to take so long."

"You need to really focus on yourself too."

"Well you are there, right? So it's ok."

"Idiot" but I noticed the brief blush that overtook Max's face when I said that. My heart swelled a little but I didn't say anything. Nat came by and I just smiled and ate my soup as both boys chatted. I watched as Max checked in on Nat too and adjusted his hair for him. Nat leaned in to say something and Max chuckled, blushing even more deeply and hitting me.

And me? I just watched this interaction knowing I will always be the friend. That was for sure. And I couldn't help but be jealous of a younger Nat who just had Max wrapped around his finger. Nat wasn't even a bad guy. He's just being himself. And me, I had to be less jealous of someone who's like 10 years younger than me!

Shame on you, Zee, I scolded myself internally.

"You ok?"

"Hmm, I'm good. Why?"

Max just looked at me, didn't say anything else but just smiled. He patted my knees before taking his leave. I nodded and watched as he left, with Nat tagging along.

Ugh!