Max

Between filming and all of our social media commitments, time really flew. As we were still doing many fan service meet and greets for shows, Zee and I couldn't hang out together in public. We had to always be with our respective partners. Nat and Nunew knew we were dating privately but otherwise nobody else did.

Both Nongs were so thrilled for us and we started hanging out together so we can do coupley stuff without drawing too much attention. However, one day, my manager called us both in.

"Hey, how have you guys been?"

"Good. What's up? Do we have any new shows?"

Frankly, I was hoping for at least 1 series where Zee and i could play lovers or a couple. A man can wish right?

"Everything is good. No new series or anything. But some news has reached me. Management is aware and they want me to speak to you guys."

"Is everything ok, P? You sound so serious." I turned to look at Zee who was peering intently at my manager.

"We saw these pictures taken by some fans and posted on twitter. Nobody quite realized it but my boss has a keen eye for details that many people overlook. Look at these photos and tell me what you see.."

He laid out a couple of photos in front of us. It was just photos of me and Zee, hanging out like we always do. But apparently boss had spotted the closeness, the hand holding, the kisses that Zee had sneaked in and it was all caught.

"These photos were posted on a private twitter account. We have managed to stop the photos from being leaked out. It can really affect the fan service and the bl ships that fans have. It will affect show ratings in the long run and that's a no no. Are you guys dating?"

Zee and I fell silent, absolutely stupefied. I turned to look at Zee who nodded subtly at me. I held onto his hands as I told my manager we were indeed dating privately.

My manager just looked at us and then he smiled. I broke out into a grin, happy that he didn't seem upset about it.

"Take your hands off him Max. You guys can't date. No way. This will affect the pairings."

I looked at my manager, stunned.

"P..."

"I said take your hands off him!" My manager snapped at us and I pulled away my hands in shock.

"This.. is.. is our private life. Why will the show be affected? We aren't open about it."

"Really? Then how did these photos get taken then? You have a thriving career Zee. Maybe such scandals wouldn't affect you. Max's career is finally taking off and as manager, I cannot let anything affect him. You two cannot date. Not at all. That's all."

"P! You.. you are kidding. This has nothing to do with careers and what not.. we have feelings too. Its.. I love this guy here."

"As a friend and colleague. You can. More than that, no. Max, you have signed a contract with us. One of the clauses is - you do not engage in a relationship whilst you are actively promoting a show."

"I'm always promoting something!"

"That's how popular you are growing and nothing can ruin that. Zee, your manager is aware too. We both agreed that you two cannot date. If you want to continue being GGMTV talents."

I was stunned. I knew my job was important too but this.. this is..just... I stared speechless at him. I was about to open my mouth to retort and argue that it wasn't going to happen when Zee beat me to it.

"I don't want anything to happen to Max's career. He is the most important person to me and if it means that his life is affected badly in any way by me, I will give up. I will step aside. You want us to only be friends and colleagues? I do that. You want us to cut down on our engagements together. I will. You want me to stop hanging out with him alone? I will. Just..just don't do anything to him.."

I swivelled so hard and fast to look at Zee. His eyes were red and his lips were absolutely quivering. He was in a lot of pain but how could he..

I stood up, pushing my chair back. I was quaking in anger. I know Zee meant well. But I couldn't. I was so so angry.

I yelled at both my manager and Zee.

"Does my life not matter? Don't I get a say at all?! You threaten me with my career? And you?! You made such a decision for us, without asking me?!? What fucking Mother Teresa stunt are you doing here?! How could the two of you just decide everything? Like that?"

Zee stared stunned at me. He instantly knew he had messed up.

"Max..noo. what..loook"

"Let me make it even easier. Let's just be colleagues. Since you can dismiss our feelings and take decisions thinking it's the best for us. Let me do the same. Let's jsut be colleagues."

I turned to my manager. "Once my contract is over, I am not going to renew it. Since you so strongly want to lead my life for me, let me spare you the hassle. Let me cut down on that workload for you."

I left both of them gaping as I went off, my tears coming down fast and hard. I went straight home, for the first time in 6 months. Ever since Zee and I had started dating, I had always stayed over in his house. But this time, I went back to my own.

As a fucking single heartbroken guy who was just let down horribly by 2 people he adored alot.

I know I sound fucking sappy but let me be. I just watched my phone as it blew up with calls and messages from my manager and Zee.

But

Fuck them all.