Zee

I chatted with Nunew whilst Max laid on my lap, his eyes closed. I couldn't help but keep grinning over the fact that he and I actually shared the same feelings.

Bloody hell, if we had shared it earlier with each other, we would be together right?! Did we just waste all that time?!

"Ohh darn it!" I cried out in frustration interrupting Nunew. Nunew was stunned and queried if everything was ok. I told him I will call him back and hung up the phone. Max opened his eyes in confusion and sat up slowly.

"Is everything ok?"

"You love me. I love you. Why didn't we just tell each other earlier?!"

"Erm, because its easier said than done? I didn't think you love me. Why would you..."

"And why wouldn't I?! If we had confessed, we could be together so much earlier!!! Didnt you realize that?!?"

Max chuckled deeply looking at my face. He just leaned over, whispering, "its never too late. We have spent years together and now probably a lifetime to come."
.
I smiled as Max leaned in to kiss me softly.

"Stay over Zee?"

I smiled at Max, nodding my head. For some reason, staying over this time took on a different meaning and understanding as compared to all of the other times.

I had slept enough times over at Max's to have my own little closet full of clothes. So post a shower and change of clothes later, I came out to find Max sitting on the couch, his glasses on and watching TV. Dude was a little blind and had to wear them when he wanted to do reading or watch TV but only did it in the comfort of his home. I sat down next to him and he slung his arm around me, pulling me in closer.

We sat through about 6 episodes of House Md. I was a complete fan of that show and I know Max only watched it because of me. I turned to see Max completely invested in the show despite the very fact that he only started watching it to accompany me.

"When?"

"Hmm?"

"When did you like me Max?"

"That's a tough one Zee. Exactly when I don't know. But I know since I knew you, something told me you were meant to be a part of my life forever. And I wasn't fighting that. Couldn't at all. Just found myself to constantly wanting to be with you."

"Why do you ask suddenly?"

"Just. Shouldn't your question be when I like you too?"

"Naa.. that doesn't matter to me. What matters is you like me. That's all!"

Max doved into me and just hugged me tightly as he said that. I laughed as he peppered soft kisses all over, tickling me immensely in the process!

We continued our TV binge for the rest of the night, finally sleeping at around 1am. We did have work the next day so we woke up and got ready; being on set by 8am. It was going to be a long day but knowing he was around just made it better for me.

We just went about our usual day, fully focused on filming and shoot but my eyes found myself wandering back to him endlessly. What I didn't realise was Max had been throwing me the same furtive looks. During lunch, we found ourselves together to eat, which wasn't uncommon but this time, we didn't invite anyone to join us. We just had a quiet unhurried meal together but this Max just couldn't keep his hands off me and held onto it the whole time.

I didn't mind it then but if I knew of the upheaval, it was going to put us through, maybe Max and I would have been a bit more cautious of how we went about it.