ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏʀᴅ

Aleah's POV▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Aleah's POV
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I find myself reclining in an opulent black leather chair, my entire figure engulfed within the tender embrace of its sumptuous cushions and velvety, obsidian armrests.
The deep black hue of the chair's leather is a sight to behold, and its smooth texture is like a caress against my skin.

Positioned before me is a rich, dark mahogany desk with a refined design.

Its glossy surface gleams in the light of the office, and the intricate carvings on its legs and sides add to its sophisticated appeal.
On the farther side of this sophisticated piece of furniture sits Mr. Boone, my boss, occupying a similar seat across from me, his posture exuding authority and command.

My fingers unconsciously explore the intricate textures of the armrests that form a beautiful mosaic, tracing each tiny groove and indentation.
Mr. Boone inclines forward and actuates a button on the desk's flank, provoking a sleek screen to emerge from the upper area of the desk fluidly.

He rotates it in my direction, rendering me utterly speechless by what appears before me.
My heart beats faster as I take in the picture and its entirety, my mind racing to comprehend it all. I squint my eyes, trying to decipher the details and make sense of what I am seeing.

My mouth falls open as the reality of the situation sets in, my heart nearly pounding out of my chest when I see who is in the picture.

"Is... is that Oliver?" I stammer in sheer disbelief, my voice barely more than a whisper.

A chill runs down my spine as I'm overcome with a feeling of dread and fear.
I can feel a cold sweat beading on my forehead as my heart races faster and faster. My breath quickens and my stomach starts to churn as the anxiety builds up inside me. I can feel my skin crawling with the sensation of tiny needles as goosebumps erupt across my arms.

I feel so vulnerable and exposed, like all the walls I had built up around me have been stripped away and I'm left with nothing to hide behind.

I shivered in the face of his captor's malevolent gaze, and I could feel my stomach drop as I waited for a response. Mr. Boone's silence only served to heighten my fear, and I had to struggle to keep my composure.
When he finally spoke, I felt a wave of relief wash over me, and I could only hope that his words would bring a glimmer of hope to this otherwise hopeless situation.

"You know what we have to do, Aleah," he articulates in a profoundly gravelly tone.
"Assure me you've got something out of Mr. Romero that will help us."