Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV

"What do you mean that happens all the time?" Annabeth laughed as Percy's story came winding to the end.

"Yeah!" He said chuckling. "Ever since my mom and dad got married it's all we seem to do on Friday nights."

"Got married?"

Percy rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "It's kind of a long story..."

"Oh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked," Annabeth interrupted, placed a hand lightly on his shoulder.

Percy shrugged before opening the doors to the cafeteria.

"So," he continued. "What was it like in California?"

This time it was Annabeth's turn to shrug. "It was nice and warm and had all my old friends."

Percy nodded. "I bet you miss them," he said, looking away. After a moment of silence, he spoke once again. "Tell me about them."

"Oh, you'd like them. They were loud and funny and quiet and caring and everything a group of friends need. One of them, her name was Piper, is really into skateboarding and singing," Annabeth gushed out as Percy led her to a table in the corner of the room.

"And there's Frank and Hazel, two of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. And Jason and Leo... well, they've got some stuff to learn still," Annabeth laughed, sending a tiny tear tricking down her cheek.

She quickly turned away as Percy moved to grab his lunch out of his backpack.

Seconds later she felt a light pressure on her back. "Hey, Annabeth? Are you alright?" Percy's voice whispered from behind her.

No, she would not cry. Not in front of the one person that had been nice to her today.

Annabeth quickly wiped away the few stray tears before turning back to face him. From just one look he could tell she had been crying and wordlessly he wrapped her in a small hug before pulling away quickly as if he realized what he had done.

Instantly, Annabeth could see the blush rise up in his cheeks and down to his neck and fought back the urge to chuckle.

"Thank you," she said, voice just above a whisper. And she could tell he heard her from the way the tips of his ears flushed bright red.

-

It turns out that Percy had a few friends of his own, two of which that Annabeth was quickly introduced to.

The first was Rachel Elizabeth Dare, and just mere seconds after their meeting she could tell she was going to say the thing. Yet again Annabeth was surprised when those words did not come bouncing out of her mouth.

Annabeth took note of the red curls that fell just above her shoulder and the freckles spattered all over her face just like the paint that was plastered all over her jeans. But the strangest thing of all was the blue plastic hairbrush sticking out of the front pocket of her jeans.

"What's with the hairbrush?" Annabeth asked after the girl had sat down.

The girl shrugged. "I like to keep my hair neat, plus it's good for self-defense."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "Self-defense?"

"Don't ask," Percy interjected, sending Rachel into a fit of laughter.

Annabeth simply rolled her eyes and smiled, promising herself that she would ask Rachel the meaning behind the hairbrush another day.

The second person Percy, now with the help of Rachel, introduced her to was a tall, scrawny kid named Grover Underwood. Personality aside (Annabeth was sure he was a great person), the kid looked like he walked out of a fucking nature documentary, green recycling shirt and all.

Aside from the obsession with plants and his flute that he seemed to carry around everywhere, he was a pretty okay person, Annabeth decided. And the looks he gave people who didn't recycle their bottles correctly made Annabeth glad she was on his good side.

-

Hope you all like this chapter!

-thewritingtheif

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 29, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Demigods (A Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें