Chapter 3

As the crowd applauded, Eddie joined them.

"Wow! Those guys can play!" he said with satisfaction.

"Yeah... they've always been a little hip for this place" said Mr DeFranko.

"Just the way I like it. You know, Benny, you've really been shaping this place up since the last time I saw you" said Eddie.

"It ain't my doing. They started it" said Mr DeFranko.

Nigel and Patrick noticed their boss was in the room and stepped off the stage.

"Mr DeFranko sir. We haven't done anything amiss have we?" said Nigel.

"Nah, you fellas are doin' fine" Mr DeFranko sighed.

"Benny, aren't you gonna introduce me to your performers?" said Eddie.

"Heh? They're just these two brits. Nigel Ledger and Patrick Berkeley" said Mr DeFranko.

"Nice to meet you fellers. I'm Eddie, your boss's brother."

"Pleased to meet you, Mr... DeFranko?" said Patrick awkwardly.

"You guys are pretty groovy, I tell ya" said Eddie.

"Well, thank you, sir. Your brother always says we're too young for this place" said Nigel.

"He has guests that are younger than you" said Eddie.

The barmaid, Paris, then approached the guys.

"Mr DeFranko, I'm starting to worry about..." she began.

Then she noticed the stranger with them and said "Oh. Pardon me."

"Not a problem, my dear. You work here?" said Eddie.

"Yeah; I'm the bartender. I'm sorry to barge in on you" said Paris politely.

"You're not barging, he's barging" said Mr DeFranko gesturing at his brother.

"Eddie DeFranko. The manager's brother" said Eddie.

"Well, hey there, Ed! I'm Paris!"

"So what's the problem, kid?" said Mr DeFranko to Paris.

"Well, sir, remember that gigantic break in the bar table? We haven't had the time to fix it and I think we oughtta make the time" said Paris.

"Well, honey, would you mind if I took a look at that break? I'm an expert at fixing things" said Eddie.

"Oh, sure. If you don't mind the work" said Paris.

"Oh, not at all. Fixing things is what I do for a living" said Eddie. 

"Then I'd be glad to let you help" said Paris.