Chapter 5

Eddie took the piece of washing machine back to the hotel and used it to fix the bar.

He nailed it to the top of the table and blended it in perfectly so no one would know it was ever broken.

"Golly, Ed! That's impressive!" said Paris.

"Hey, Patrick, I wonder if our building needs some Feng shui" said Nigel.

"Your shoddy building needs all the Feng shui it can get" said Mr DeFranko.

"And I'd be delighted to take a look at it" said Eddie.

Nigel and Patrick led him out of the hotel and Mr DeFranko just watched with a serious face.

"Yet another reason for Nigel and Patrick to run out on the job" he said.

"Gee whiz, sir. We still have a while before dinner" said Paris.

"Yeah, but my crazy brother using garbage as Feng shui is not gonna keep the hotel in ship shape. Even as a kid, that man worried me" said Mr DeFranko.

"Well, here's a thought. Why don't you get him a job here" said Paris.

"Oh puh-leez! Eddie could never pull off this level of sophistication. Nigel and Patrick were lucky to make it into this place just by wearing ties" said Mr DeFranko. 

"Well, your brother seems to be making a substantial amount of money" said Paris.

"And he's lucky. As soon as he comes back, I'm gonna give him a good talkin' to" said Mr DeFranko.

"Or you could just tell him it was a pleasure to have him" said Paris.

Mr DeFranko looked at her funny.

"What? There's gotta be some pleasure in having your brother around" said Paris.