13

When I woke up, I was at home in my bed. I sat up and walked to my door to open it but heard my mom yelling. "Why do you think you can just walk in here and take what you want? You think God owes you everything don't you?"

I thought mom was yelling at dad again until I heard his voice, "no ma'am. I love her with all my heart and soul. If anything I owe God everything because He gave me the opportunity to get to know her. If you wish for me not to marry her now, that is fine, but I will marry her if she wants me to later." My heart fluttered with happiness after hearing Duncan say something like that.

I heard a door open, "Sharon, he loves her. Can't you see that? He means what he says. I don't want to let go of my baby girl just as much as you but this kid is a man perfect for our little girl. He will actually treat her right. We have to let her go and I much rather let her go with him then with some other guy."

I heard her sit on the couch. she said in a shaky voice, "do you really love her?"
"Yes." He didn't even hesitate. "Then go." I knew what she meant. She didn't want to see me for a long time afterward but she was still letting us get married anyway. My heart ached and was joyful at the same time. "Ma'am?" He didn't understand, "you can marry her just get her and get out!"

I stood back from the door when I heard him shuffling over. He opened the door expecting me to still be asleep, "hey." He smiled, "you heard that whole thing didn't you?" I nodded and frowned. He lifted my chin with his finger, "hey, if you don't want to leave I understand. You don't have to."

"I don't want to stay here either. I want to go with you but I'm worried about her. We better go. Let me say bye to her first." He nodded and let me pass. I walked over to my mom and hugged her, "I love you mom. You don't have to worry about me. I promise I'll visit." I heard her crying silently in my ear while she nodded. "I love you too."

When we finished hugging I hugged my dad and told him the same thing. While I was walking out the door, I waved good bye to them, as the door closed behind me. I started crying as soon as I stepped off the porch. "Come here." I looked at Duncan's open arms and walked to them.

We walked to the car while hugging and I got in the passenger seat of his car. He walked around to the other side, got in, and started the car. He backed out of the drive way, I couldn't look away from the little trailer we lived in. It was a cute white trailer with beige window shutters.

We drove in silence for a while until Veronica decided to butt in, why won't you talk to him? Because I don't want to now leave me alone.

I stared out the window till we came up to a huge house. It was three stories tall with a huge front porch. "This is the pack house. We can live here till we get married." I smiled a weak smile at him, "Lilly, it's going to be ok. We will work this out. Don't worry."

I nodded and got out of the car. I started to walk toward the three story building in awe. It's a beautiful brown with blue window shutters on every window. I kept staring until I felt Duncan's arm around my waist. "Do you like it?"

"Its beautiful. I want our house to look a lot like this." I smiled and kept walking with Duncan on my hip. "I can have that arranged." He smirked and I laughed while opening the door.

I had a huge smell of dogs and perfume hit my nose. I scrunched up my nose then I heard kids laughing. I saw two kids run up to the door and stop mid tracks. I knelt down. They didn't look older then 8 years old, "hi. How are you?" They seemed to sniff the air a little and then ran the opposite way.

I stood up, "what was that about?" I asked Duncan. "I'm not really sure. They've never done that before. Oh well, I'll show you to your room." I followed him to a room on the first floor. We entered the room, "I'm on the other side of the hall if you need me. Ok?"

I nodded and sat on the couch. "I have to take care of something. You go to sleep or watch tv. My mom will get you for dinner." He kissed my forehead, "I love you."
"I love you too." he left the room and I laid down and turned on the tv.