New York

Penny leaned back against her dad's chest, watching as the destroyed city of New York came into view.
"Remember this?" Peter mumbled, his arms wrapped around her and his head leaned on hers.
"Yeah," she replied sadly.
"Yeah, I know," Peter replied, kissing the top of her head. "It's not what it used to be."
"I doubt it ever will again," Penny mumbled. Azari wandered over and Peter let her go, leaving them alone.
"Hey," Azari said, leaning back on the boat railing.
"Hi," Penny replied, leaning forwards on the rail, staring forwards.
"You okay?" Azari asked. "After all that happened."
"What do you think?" Penny snapped, looking over at him, the loose hairs that didn't fit into her braid blowing in her face. Azari shrugged.
"Why do you think I'm asking?" he asked. Penny sighed, looking back out at the ocean and pushing her hair out of her face.
"I'm doing horrible, okay?" she mumbled back, slamming her forearms onto the railing in exasperation. "I just..."
"You miss him," Azari finished. She nodded.
"Francis is dead," she sighed. "I should probably get over him, move on. But I just can't shake the feeling that...that he's out there somewhere still." Azari sighed.
"Penny," he said. "Just because we lost his body doesn't mean he's alive. And I probably shouldn't be talking, I don't have spider-sense, but what I do know is that it takes a hell of a lot to bring people back from the dead."
"LANGUAGE," James called from the other end of the boat, making Pym break out in peals of laughter, which made Torin laugh. Azari and Penny both rolled their eyes, smiling at each other.
"You're probably right," Penny said. "I'm just lovesick."
"If you love something, let it go," Azari said, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "And try to love again." Penny blushed and smiled, watching him walk away. She watched the others talk and laugh, slowly starting to walk over. Azari noticed and nodded her over, making her run the rest of the way.
"I don't understand her," Peter said, leaning against the cabin. Sam stuck his head out, leaning one arm on the windowsill.
"Hey, she's a girl," he said. "They're hard to understand."
"Speaking of girls, how's Kaelyn?" Peter asked, looking up at him.
"Creepily like me," Sam replied. "Well, she IS my sister."
"She got her helmet yet?" Peter asked.
"Oh yeah," Sam replied. "She got a prototype one."
"Cool," Peter said. They stopped talking for a minute. "Did you ever like a girl?" Peter asked.
"Yeah," Sam replied. "Her name was Carrie."
"What happened?" Peter asked. Sam shrugged.
"I don't know," he replied sadly. "She probably got blown up with everyone else. She was an amazing kisser, though, even with her lip piercing." Peter laughed.
"Those were the days," he said.
"Oh yeah," Sam sighed, smiling.
"Ever think of trying to start a family?" Peter asked. "I mean, now."
"No," Sam scoffed. "I mean, there's no human girls that are exactly my type, or aliens for that matter."
"There's always someone," Peter replied.
"Ah, shaddup," Sam grumbled, whacking Peter on the head and going back into the cabin. "We'll be there in a couple minutes. Might wanna get the kids together."

Pym jumped off the boat the instant it touched the shore, shrinking and growing his gossamer wings, flitting around the dock.
"It's so dead," he said.
"We know," James said, following close behind him. "It's sort of what happens when a maniacal robot takes over." Azari was next, followed by Torin. Penny and Peter went at the same time, Sam bringing up the rear, holding his helmet.
"This place has a lot of bad memories," Penny said, looking around.
"For all of us," Pym said. Sam slid his helmet on, taking off and flying ahead, his blue glow visible through the smog and silver.
"Hey, guys!" he yelled, spiraling above a building. "Avengers Mansion! Remember this?"
"We wouldn't know," Torin replied, flying up to him.
"I remember," Peter said, web-swinging up and landing on the spire. "I've got a lot of memories here too." James and Azari ran up, Penny swinging like her father and Pym flying.
"It's huge!" Pym said, flying around it.
"Well, how else did you expect the Hulk to fit through the doors?" Peter replied, jumping down in front of him. James looked at the doors, then pulled up a shield, slamming into them once and breaking them in. Everyone converged around him as he walked in, all looking around.
"Whoa," Sam said. "It's just like we left it, only a lot dustier."
"That's sort of what I expected," Peter said, walking towards the back.
"We could totally live here!" Pym said, flying around.
"I guess it makes sense," James said, exchanging a look with Torin.
"Hey, we're technically the Avengers now," Penny said, leaning on Azari's shoulder as he walked up.
"And this is Avengers Mansion," Azari continued, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"Then it's settled," Peter said. "Hey, JARVIS! You still here?"
"Ugh," JARVIS sighed over the intercom. "I do believe so, Mr. Parker."
"Hey, he lives!" Sam laughed. "Boy, have I missed you, J!"
"I missed you as well," JARVIS replied politely. "Hello, children. I am JARVIS, the digital assistant to the Avengers. It's nice to finally have someone in the mansion again. It's been so desolate."
"Hi," all the kids said somewhat hesitantly.
"You do seem to be missing one, though," JARVIS said. "The third Hawkeye."
"The THIRD?" Pym asked.
"He's dead," James said. "He was killed by a mutant."
"It's always a mutant," JARVIS sighed. "Well, I shall update my database with this concerning news."
"Wait, I didn't know there was more than two Hawkeyes!" Pym yelled.
"I shall bring up the file on the second Hawkeye," JARVIS said. "Since she is the one you seem lost on." A TV fizzled to life nearby, showing a profile of a black-haired girl with sunglasses on.
"I remember her," Sam said somewhat sadly, pointing at the TV. "Katie, right?"
"Correct," JARVIS replied. "Katherine Bishop Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye II. She assumed Hawkeye's title when everyone thought he was dead as part of the Young Avengers. When we discovered that Hawkeye was in fact not dead, Katherine became his protege, and remained so until the Age of Ultron, when she died-"
"That's enough," Sam interrupted, flying away. Everyone was silent for a couple minutes.
"Is he gone?" Peter finally said.
"I think so," Pym said.
"Good," Peter said. "JARVIS, continue."
"I don't think Master Nova wants me-" JARVIS started.
"He can deal with it," Peter said. "Continue."
"If you insist," JARVIS said slowly. "Katherine died protecting the ship evacuating various members of the Avengers and/or Guardians escaping to space, among them Nova and his family."
"Oh," Pym said.
"I do believe that someone should go to Chicago," JARVIS said. "The scanners there I have access to are detecting life."
"Why are there scanners in Chicago?" James asked.
"It's...well, I do believe that, with recent events, there's not really anything that should be classified anymore," JARVIS sighed. "There are scanners in Chicago because, a few years ago, alien robots started battling for control of Earth's energy. They were called the Transformers, and the two warring groups were Autobots and Decepticons."
"Hey, I read those comics," Penny said.
"That's because they were mine," Peter laughed.
"The Autobots attempted to save our Earth from destruction," JARVIS continued. "They succeeded, with assistance from the Avengers. The Autobots lived in tandem with humans as cars until the Age of Ultron, when they were driven extinct."
--------------------
Like it? Vote and comment! I would love to hear from you on anything, even improvements!
-Becca