Chicago

"It's alive," I murmur, looking at the moaning robot that Reptil had found.
"Yeah," Reptil reply, nodding. "He's alive."
"Should we...try to help?" Kier asks slowly.
"Can we?" I reply, looking at the blue fluid leaking everywhere out of it.
"I have no idea," Reptil replies. "But we can try."
"With what?" Kier asks, turning into a blackbird and flying around it, looking it over. "It's a machine."
"None of us even have the slightest idea of how to fix a robot," I add. "I mean, we can't even figure out how to get a flashlight working, let alone a Transformer."
"Well, we can't just leave him to die," Reptil says. "He's the last of his kind." Kier and I exchange a skeptical look.
"We can try," Kier says. "But I can't ensure his survival."
"Works for me," Reptil says, taking a couple steps back. "Go ahead." Kier steps forwards, seeming slightly nervous. He inhales and holds his hands up, palms over the robot, and starts the spell. Green smoke swirls around the robot, seeping into its circuits and servos. It quiets down, its bright blue eyes going dark. Then the fixing starts. Reptil and I watch in anxious awe as he works his magic, slightly frightened. Kier's dangerously powerful, especially without his father around to hold him back. The robot is fixed within minutes, his blue eyes lighting up again.
"What..." he mumbles, sitting up. Even sitting down, he's twice as tall as Kier, who's the smallest. He's nothing compared to the others, though. "What happened?"
"An unfortunate series of events," Kier replies, looking up at him. "Most life on earth has been wiped out."
"Oh no..." the robot mumbles, setting his forehead in the heels of his hands. Then he looks up. "Wait, you can understand me?"
"Yeah," Reptil replies. "Why wouldn't we?"
"...I was broken before," the robot says, setting his elbows on his knees. "I couldn't talk."
"I did notice that," Kier says. "I fixed it."
"Really?" the robot asks, rotating its head slightly to the side. "Wow. Thanks."
"My pleasure," Kier replies.
"My name's Bumblebee, by the way," the robot says, almost seeming to smile. "You can call me Bee."
"Nice to meet you," Kier says. "I'm Kier."
"I'm Reptil!" he says, showing off his fangs and lashing his tail. "I'm part dinosaur."
"I knew a few dinosaurs," Bumblebee says. "They were a lot bigger than you."
"Yeah, most are," Reptil replies. I'm just watching in awe, taking everything in. Kier notices and pulls me out from my position in the background.
"This is Hawkeye," he says. "He's sort of shy."
"Hi,"I mumble, waving and smiling slightly.
"Hey," Bumblebee replies, waving back.
"So, what exactly are you?" I ask.
"I'm a Transformer," Bumblebee replies. "I doubt the two factions exist anymore."
"So you ARE a Transformer," Reptil says. "Cool. Can you transform?"
"I dunno," Bumblebee replies. "I haven't done it in so long, but I can try." He stood up, his body starting to shift and contract, turning him into a Chevy Camaro.
"Whoa," I say.
"Just like Spidey described it," Reptil says, crossing his arms.
"Wanna go for a ride?" Bee asked. "You can explain everything on the way."
"Where are we going?" Kier asks.
"Wherever you want to go," Bee replies.
"Field," I say out of the blue, not really sure where those letters came from.
"What?" Kier and Reptil ask together.
"The Field Museum," Bee explains. "I've been there. Sam and I had to go there once to get a piece of the Allspark."
"The what?" Reptil asks.
"The Allspark," Bee repeats. He's about to say more, but then something blows up nearby. We all turn towards it, Bee rapidly transforming back into his robot form and standing in front of us. Kier and I stay back, Reptil running in front and growling.
"Whatever it is, it smells bad," he says. Another shot booms through the air, Bee shielding us. He looks behind him, turning around.
"Starscream?" he says skeptically. Reptil steps beside him, growling madly. Kier and I hide behind Bee.
"You can TALK!" Starscream exclaims, lowering his firing arm in surprise. He's missing a leg and his head is bashed in at one part.
"Don't yawn over it," Bee mumbles, crossing his arms. "No wonder you couldn't hit us; you can barely stand."
"How did you, of all the others, survive?" Starscream asks.
"I had a little help," Bee replies, smiling at Kier for a second. "But I also knew I couldn't let Earth stay like Cybertron." Starscream sighs.
"Looks like neither side got the energy," he says sadly. "It all went to Ultron." Everyone grimaces at the name.
"Well, there's no place for factions anymore," Bee says, holding out his hand. "Wanna truce?"
"Fine," Starscream sighs, taking Bee's hand and almost falling over. "At least I don't have to listen to Megatron anymore, I have to listen to you. It's a very slight improvement."
"Lay off," Bee says, loosening his grip on Starscream, who yelps and grabs onto his arm.
"Okay, okay," Starscream yells. "Sorry." I slowly walk out from behind Bee, taking in the newcomer. He's really weird. Reptil has almost gone full dino with fear and anxiety, still growling.
"Easy," Kier says, starting to stroke his back. "Bee's got this."
"Oh look," Starscream says sarcastically, looking at us. "Humans. You always were the black sheep, bug. I still don't understand why you enjoy these insects. Oh wait-" Bee drops Starscream before he can continue, starting to walk away.
"Truce is off," he says. "Cmon, guys."'
"N-no!" Starscream stammers, pushing his torso up. "Wait! I'm sorry! Don't leave me here!"
"Ignore him," Bee says, transforming and opening his doors. "Hop in and we can go." I climb into the driver's seat, Kier climbing in next to me and Reptil turning into a velociraptor beside us.
"Don't worry," he growls. "I can keep up."
"Then let's roll out!" Bee yells, slamming down the gas pedal and shifting gear, sending us flying down the road.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Starscream.

I wake up from a scary dream, one that made no sense. There were mirrors all around me as I died, showing me what I looked like. Blood was gushing out of my chest from the five holes made by the mutant, and I was cut all over. Then the mirror blurred and I was no longer there. It was now my dad, dying with me.
"No!" I screamed, over and over. I wanted to stop my own pain and my dad's, but I had no way to do either. Death was slow and painful, our blood taking ages to leave us. I can feel how much I was screaming. My throat is hoarse. Now my vision is unfocused and my head is throbbing, the holes in my chest feeling more empty than ever.
"You okay?" Bee asks, driving up. Guess I woke him up.
"Yeah," I reply automatically, rubbing my eyes with one of my arms. "Bad dream."
"Wanna talk about it?" he asks.
"Not really," I reply. "Bad memories."
"Okay," Bee says. "If you need to talk,
I'll be here."
"Do robots dream?" I ask. "Do you even sleep?"
"I do," Bee replies. "I don't know if the others do. I've always been sort of different."
"What do you dream about?" I ask. I have to admit, it's a bit hard talking to a car.
"Same things you do," Bee replies. "I think. No one's really asked me about this."
"Well, I dream about who I was," I say. "Who I used to be. My past life."
"I dream about my past too," Bee says, transforming into robot mode and sitting cross-legged beside my hammock.
"There were plants," I say. "And animals."
"Everyone worked together," Bee says.
"Everyone was alive," we say together.
We exchange a sad smile.
"Did you have a family?" I ask.
"Yeah," Bee sighs. "All boys. Optimus Prime was like our dad. He was experienced and powerful, and all he did was to protect us." He looks up at the stars. "I probably miss him the most."
"Dads have that effect on you," I say, looking into the sky as well. "Cause
I miss my dad the most too." We look at each other and exchange another sad smile.
"Maybe we're not so different after all," Bee says.
"Maybe not," I reply.

--------------------
Happy (early) Father's Day!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment to let me know how it was!
-Becca