Chicago

"There," Kier snaps, backing away from Bumblebee. "Fixed."
"Thanks," Bee says, blinking.
"Don't mention it," Kier replies, sitting on the floor. "Ever."
"Well, we should probably be getting back to the kids," Peter says, starting to walk out. "See you."
"Bye," Sam says, waving and smiling.
"Bye," Bee replies, waving.
"Adios," Reptil says with a nod.
"See you," I say, smiling. "It was fun."
"Yeah, it was," Peter replies, jumping onto Sam's back as he takes off. "Bye!"
"Bye," I say one more time, feeling like I've lost something. Im sort of confused. My life isn't making sense. Hey, I'll figure it out. Eventually.
"What's up with you, bird?" Reptil says, nudging Kier on the shoulder. I glance over at them from my position sitting up in my hammock.
"Nothing," Kier snaps back, looking at the wall. "Piss off."
"That's not very nice," Bee says, sitting up and crossing his legs.
"Hey," Reptil says, sitting down in front of Kier. "What's up?"
"A lot of things," Kier replies, getting up and wandering over towards Bee. "One of which you're about to experience firsthand." He flicks his hand at Bee, surrounding him in a violent green light.
"What the hell?!" Bee yells, standing up. I jump up and grab my bow, drawing an arrow out of my quiver and firing at Kier, striking him in the wrist.
"What he said," I say, drawing another arrow and walking up. Kier pulls the arrow out of his wrist and holds it close to him, using his other hand to cast a spell at me. I rotate at the last second and get sent flying backwards, flipping through the air and landing on my chest, the wind knocked completely out of me. I struggle for breath, my bow far away.
"What are you doing?" Reptil asks, seeming more betrayed than angry.
"I'm sorry," Kier replies, voice deadpan. He casts a spell at Reptil, freezing him in a large block of ice. I look in Bumblebee's direction and see nothing. I start breathing again, taking in large, thick breaths. My chest is stinging and the holes there are beating in time with my speeding heart. I watch as Loki appears next to Kier, who seems like he's resisting the urge to punch something. I start to sit up, lifting up my torso so I can rotate my legs
"Good work," Loki says. "But you missed one." He gestures to me and I gasp, freezing with my legs half pulled under me.
"Father, I really don't think-" Kier starts.
"Do it," Loki commands. "Or have you actually developed feelings for the mortal?" Kier looks over at me, seeming slightly guilty. I stare into his eyes, trying to mentally send him the message "it's okay." He holds up his hand, flinching away from his own power. Suddenly his arm is wrenched down by a blur of yellow and black, the spell striking the ground and leaving a smoking black mark. The force of the push sends Kier flipping over, landing him on his back.
"You leave my son alone!" Loki snaps, casting a spell. The man ducks and dodges it, running forwards and elbows/headbutts/shoulders Loki in the stomach, making him reel backwards. The man stands up and right-hooks Loki in the jaw, knocking him out cold.
"Holy crap," I say, still frozen. The man looks over and I get a good look at him for the first time. He's about 18 years old, give or take a year, and pretty well built. He looks like the kind of person you'd see in a sports car with a horde of girls. He's got wild, short, almost anime blond hair with a black streak down the center, his blue eyes literally shining. He's wearing a yellow bomber jacket with a black zipper, pockets, and hood inside, as well as a black t-shirt underneath and jeans, with black and white Air Jordans.
"What, never seen a good fight?" he replies in Bee's voice, shrugging.
"Bumblebee?" I ask skeptically, starting to put the pieces together.
"Yeah," he replies, his face falling a bit. "It's me."

I wake up leaning into Bee's shoulder, stiff and drowsy.
"Morning," Bee says gently, looking over at me.
"Hi," I mumble, sitting up and stretching. The sun seems to be shining brighter today. I sigh and relax almost entirely, my head between my shoulders and my hands draped over my diamond-positioned legs. Bee smiles and sort of chuffs through his nose, sort of like a laugh.
"Still drowsy?" he asks, almost laughing.
"Yeah," I reply, smiling up at him. "You okay? You just became human, like, last night." Bee shrugs.
"I'm okay," he replies. "It's a bit weird, though. Everything's a lot bigger and I can't transform. I actually have to run." He sighs, leaning back. "It's like that one time they removed my T-cog."
"They WHAT?" I laugh, smiling.
"Ehhhh, shush," Bee replies, shoving my head playfully to the side. "Past is past. I probably still have the scar, though..."
"You've got scars on your throat," I say, looking at them. Bee sighs, looking out across the skyline.
"Yeah," he replies, running his fingers along them.
"Where'd you get them?" I ask.
"On Cybertron," Bee replies, looking back at me with faraway eyes.
"Who gave them to you?" I continue, trying to get the whole story.
"Megatron," Bee sighs. I can tell he's starting to catch on. He's playing the scene back in his memory as he looks away again. "I don't remember very much. All I know is that I was younger, and a spy for the Autobots, the good guys. I didn't fight too much, except to rescue others. I just got information. I knew Megatron already had beef with me because I was the last Transformer, and he tried to make me his follower. Obviously that didn't work. Being a spy made his grudge ten times worse. One day, near the end of the war, he caught me grabbing intel. He said something to me and crushed my throat. Then he tortured me..." He inhaled, closing his eyes. "I remember what he said then. He told me that he would keep torturing me until I either died or the world did. And he could, because I couldn't scream, or even make noise." He rubbed his forehead, his eyes still closed. "I would've died, except Ratchet found me after Megatron had left. I blacked out after that. When I woke up, they told me that we had left. I asked why, and they said Cybertron was dead." He sat up and opened his eyes. "Sorry, I probably just bored you to tears with my whole damn life story."
"No," I reply, smiling at him and taking his hand. "I enjoyed it." He smiles back and grips my hand, seeming appreciative. He probably hasn't ranted like that in ages.
"Thanks, kiddo," he says, and I can tell he really means it.
"No problem," I reply. "Guess you're one of us now."
"Yeah," he says. "Guess so. Speaking of us, maybe we should wake up Reptil."
"Way ahead of you," Reptil says, jumping onto the roof beside us. "You guys have been jabbering for, like, an hour."
"Well, we've got a lot to say," I reply.
"He's unlocking his mind and I just got my voice back," Bee adds. "We're going to be very verbal."
"I can tell," Reptil says, sitting cross-legged beside me and wrapping his tail around his legs.
"What happened to Kier?" I ask, looking at him.
"Don't you remember?" Reptil replies, looking at me with a slightly worried look. I shake my head, pushing my messy hair back. I doubt I've ever brushed or washed it. Reptil sighs, leaning back. "Bee, you wanna get this?"
"Sure," Bee replies. "Okay, so after i beat up Kier and Loki, we freed Reptil from his ice cube." Reptil smiles. "Then I blacked out for a second. When I woke up, the two creeps were gone."
"They teleported away first chance they got," Reptil interrupts.
"Wanna know what happened afterwards?" Bee asks.
"Yeah," I reply with a nod.
"Okay," he says, shifting slightly. "So after they teleported, you suggested we should go to the roof for some air. We did, and you sort of fell asleep after talking to me for a couple minutes. I stayed awake. You didn't sleep for long, though. Woke up as soon as the sun rose." I smiled, nodding.
"I swear I'm solar-powered," I reply. "The sun keeps me energized. Whenever it comes out, it makes me feel alive again."
"Think that's part of the "undead" thing," Reptil says. "You need some source of energy since you don't really eat."
"D'you think that Peter and Sam got home okay?" I ask randomly, looking between them and crossing my legs.
"I'm sure they got home fine," Bee replies. "They're strong."
"I think so too," Reptil agrees.
"Me too," I say, smiling and curling up into an insecure ball.
"Then why'd you ask?" Bee laughs, looking at me.
"I wanted to see what you thought," I mumble.
"Aww," Bee coos. "You care!" He pulled me into a hug, making me uncurl.
"Of course I do!" I laugh.
"Wait," Reptil says, uncurling and standing up. "Shut up." We shut up and listen, looking around. Bee releases me and we go into attack mode. Reptil morphs his head into a raptor's and sniffs the air.
"Get your bow, France," he whispers. I nod and jump into the warehouse, grabbing a rope and sliding down it the rest of the way, grabbing my bow and quiver before climbing back up. Bee is totally ready for anything. He's got his fists balled up and his eyes focused. Reptil's turned into a full raptor, sniffing and looking around. I draw an arrow and try not to show that I'm panicking...slightly.
"What's coming?" I ask.
"Can't tell for sure and positive, but it's bad," Reptil replies.
"How many?" Bee asks.
"Four," Reptil replies. "I don't know what the hell they are. They smell...synthetic."
"Like, metal?" I ask. "Or plastic?"
"Just...not real," Reptil replies. "It's neither."
"Well, guess we'll find out," Bee says, starting to climb down the side of the warehouse. Reptil just jumps down, and I grab various cords along the way down and rappel. We all eventually end up on the ground to meet the enemy. They walk up and we're almost unsure we're seeing everything correctly. There's four kids, one deadly serious boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes, one girl seeming very zen with her white-blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail, showing off her icy eyes, one boy seeming spacey, his curly black hair sort of long and almost covering his green eyes, and the last boy skipping and singing the Wizard of Oz theme, his fluffy red hair bouncing with him and his black eyes shining like ebony.
"What," I say.
"The," Reptil continues.
"Scrap," Bee finishes.
"Oh, look," the spacey one says, gesturing generally towards us, making the skipping boy trail off and stop skipping. "Humans. And a velociraptor."
"Mom and dad said to kill everything and anything," the serious boy replies, pulling out a Glock 19 and loading it, looking at the others the whole time. "They count."
"Hey!" Bee yells, setting a hand on the spot between Reptil's eyes. "What are you doing here?"
"We're here to kill you," the girl said blatantly.
"Well, good job curving it," the once skipping boy says sarcastically. "But, she's right. We're gonna kill you."
"Who are you?" I ask.
"The world's last hope," they reply in sync.

--------------------
You'll find out exactly who they are later ;)
-Becca