Chapter 10

Kaiya hadn't slept. She spent the entire night agonizing over Mikael and Hanna. She had no idea how she would do it, but she knew she had to tell Jesse. As soon as 7 a.m. rolled around, she left Ville's bed and acted as though she had to go to work. Kaiya knew that Hanna worked during the day and that Jesse would be home and awake, getting ready to go to the gym so if she wanted to talk to him, she needed to do it now.

"Babe..." Ville whined. "Come back to bed."

Kaiya had no time for morning sex or cuddles, she needed to go. "Can't. Gotta go." and she scrambled out of the room.

Ville lifted his head off the pillow "Um... love you?" he called after her.

"Yeah! You too!" she called sprinting down the stairs.

"Hey, I'm coming by. We need to talk." she texted him as she put her shoes on by the front door of Ville's house. "Please don't go to the gym yet." she sent in a second text.

Kaiya had knots in her stomach, she checked her phone for his response continuously as she walked quickly, nearly jogging. Though she knew she was in the right, she also knew she would be putting Jesse in an impossible situation. She never wanted to give Jesse an ultimatum, to choose between her or Hanna, so Kaiya decided to grit her teeth and put up with Hanna, but now, that was no longer an option. And she knew there was no way Jesse could stay with a woman whose brother was an active participant in the atrocities done to Kaiya for years.

Kaiya looked around outside the apartment for Hanna's car, breathing a sigh of relief that it was gone. But she also noticed Jesse's car wasn't out there either. "Fuck!" she hissed to herself. Talking to Jesse would have to wait, but she knew he'd be back in a few hours. He always came home to shower before heading off to work, she could talk to him then. Kaiya decided to go in and wait, maybe even do a load of laundry while she was there. Ville told her to bring it all over to his place to do it, but she still wasn't totally comfortable acting "at home" in his place. She was actively avoiding a conversation with Ville that would lead to him offering to move her in.

As Kaiya's thoughts raced, she unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Jesse? You're not here right?" she rounded the corner into the living room and jumped as she found two people sitting there. Hanna and Mikael. Between fight, flight and freeze, this time Kaiya's brain chose flight.

Kaiya spun around and took off towards the door, but Mikael lunged and a pair of strong arms wrapped around her just as she reached it. Kaiya screamed but was cut off by a hand clamping down over her mouth. Hanna sped past her and locked the deadbolt and chain and then threw her back up against it.

"Kaiya, calm down." Hanna spoke sternly, standing in front of the door. "We aren't here to hurt you."

Mikael's arms restrained Kaiya, though as wildly as she thrashed and fought, she couldn't break his grip. Mikael laughed sinisterly, her tiny body was a third of his weight. Kaiya didn't stand a chance.

"Mikki." Hanna's voice was harsh. "Put her down."

Mikael dropped Kaiya to the ground with a thud and then he joined Hanna in front of the door,

Kaiya scrambled to her feet "Please let me go, I'll leave and I won't come back. Please." Kaiya begged, speaking so quickly she didn't even know if they could understand her. Her body shook so hard she was practically vibrating. Tears streamed out of her eyes.

Hanna ignored her pleas, "Go sit down."

"No, please just let me go." Kaiya repeated. "Hanna, please, I won't tell Jesse."

"Sit down or I will sit you down." Mikael finally spoke up, in a tone of voice that Kaiya recognized immediately. Kaiya knew exactly what he was capable of and she was scared shitless.