Free Mind

"Destiny we're worried about you."

"You need to take breaks."

"We'll get him soon I promise."

All of these were things Destiny had heard over the past three months. Her searches for Rumlow were fruitless, and her leads were drier than the desert.

"I need you to teach me Sokovian." Destiny leaned on Wanda's doorframe. Wanda looked up from her music stand and to Destiny, noticing the bags under her eyes.

"Your going to Sokovia?" Wanda must have literally read her mind. "Yeah, I need to get out of here, clear my mind and body type shit."

"I suppose we can start, but after you get some rest, I'm worried about you." Wanda said, getting up to escort Destiny to her room.

"I don't want the press creating trouble and talking shit about us, besides I want to distract myself from this case." Destiny explained as Wanda walked with her.

"You could come if you want. It'll be lonely" Destiny offered.

Wanda looked down, "I don't think I'm ready to return there yet." Wanda said.

That broke Destiny's heart.

~*~

"Safe travels, we'll update you if we find anything." Steve said as Destiny entered a helicopter. "I would hope so, tell the others I'll be back in a month or two."

She took a deep breath "Don't touch my equipment, and if you do; make sure to record it so I can see you get sent flying." She said

"Your becoming more like Stark everyday." Steve responded, "Well I'm not a billionaire. Yet."

She had learned basic Sokovian from the twins, enough to give the speeches she would need to and read the documents she would be required to as well.

She was heading to Sokovia in the behest of the Avengers and her guilty conscience to create memorials for the lives lost in Novi Grad.

And to improve public relations for the Avengers. It was only a matter of time before the press learned of the location of the compound, and she was doing her best to prevent mobs from showing up at their door.

Stark would also tell the public he brought her in as a 'PR agent' to cover up her being kidnapped by HYDRA. The

~*~
November

Destiny hadn't celebrated her birthday in years. Not since she'd been kidnapped. She hadn't celebrated it with the with the Avengers, Pietro, Wanda—she just...never got around to doing anything.

And she was content to carry on her self-imposed tradition. She didn't even notice her birthday had crept up on her until she opened her email.

From: Brooke Jackson

To: Destiny Davis

Okay, girl, I see how it is. Become a big hot shot Avenger and just up and leave your good friends in Queens