Excepectation

"You wanna few that relate to me, you the same as me

Everything changed with me when you came for me, it was plain to see

That you came cause you saw a flame in me, you claim you was saving me

But pain was the thing that you gave to me, now you just don't look the same to me"

~¥~

"Look I really can't deal this this bs right now, there's a lot going on, I'll have to get back to you."'

"Everything ok?" Natasha asked, placing a hand in Destiny's shoulder, "It was just some news person trying to get a scoop." Destiny reassured her.

"You know that's not what I mean." Natasha looked at her with a worried stare.

Destiny sighed and fought the tears threatening to fall from her dark eyes, "My girlfriend is in jail, my sides hurt like hell, the team fell apart so if that's what you mean then no, I'm not ok." Destiny admitted.

Natasha embraced the younger girl in a hug and Destiny let the tears come down like a waterfall. Sobbing, "My life was shit for so long so when I came back I was like, imma try to keep this, and just like that it's gone."

"I know, I know." Natasha whispered, patting her back.

Destiny and Natasha stood on a balcony at the end of a corridor. After the battle Rhodey was rushed to the hospital where they were now.

"I think you did the right thing."

Natasha glanced at her raising her eyebrows.

"I wanted to kill that Barnes guy, I did, but there's no way Steve would side with him if he was really evil." Destiny explained.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration in the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis." Tony informed the pair as he walked out of the room Rhodey was being held in.

"Steve's not gonna stop. If you don't either, Rhodey's gonna be the best case scenario." Natasha said.

"You let them go, Nat." Tony blamed her.

"We played this wrong." Natasha reasoned.

"'We'? Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? It sticks in the DNA." Tony pressed.

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?" Destiny questioned nostrils flaring.

"I'm sorry weren't you busy making out with your little girlfriend while Rhodes was falling out of the sky?" Tony turned his attack towards her.

"Tony." Natasha voice was a warning.

Tony sighed, "T'Challa told Ross what you did, so . . . they're coming for you." He told Natasha.

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back." Natasha said before walking away.

Tony activated holographic images appearing on his wrist device. "What am I looking at, Friday?"