Look Alive

"Ayy, ayy, look who I'm around, man
If I fucked up, I'ma be downtown, man

Fourth floor bound, man, that's if I get caught, man

Pushed me to the edge, so it really ain't my mothafuckin' fault"

~¥~

The next few days passed by slower. Destiny spent them searching for someone who could explain the "Infinity Stones", but she didn't find anything worth actively pursuing.

"I need you to go on the Staten Island ferry at like 11:00, the arms dealers are going to be there." She groaned at Tony's request.

"Are you sure, I don't want to waste much time here." She responded, picking up a picture of Wanda she kept on her apartment desk. The two kept in contact during their times away from each other, but Destiny couldn't fight the ache she felt everytime they were apart.

They had a bond, but it was not just a normal one, as Destiny thought; it was primitive.

No not primitive, what are we animals?

It was a connection, through the things that gave the two their powers, the thing inside her was almost like it's own conscious entity, with its own feelings and desires, and it made it known when they were not met.

But she did have a lead on some "wizards" who might know something, but they had to wait until Queens was safe, speaking of—

"Hello? Are you even listening?" Tony's voice brought her back to the world of the living.

"Oh shit my bad I was zoning out." She answered, hooking up her tech to a generator she kept in her apartment.

"As I was saying, I'll be in the city by then anyways, I want this wrapped up as quick as you do." He informed her. Destiny pulled a jacket from her closet and made sure her gear was charging before leaving the apartment.

"I'm going to follow up on a seperate lead until then." Destiny told him, hanging up. She slipped a tracker onto Aaron's car, meaning she had an idea of where he was, which wasn't in Harlem anymore.

The idea of him selling the shop was upsetting, almost as much as the thought of him attempting to 'stick someone up'. She found him in a parking garage, hand webbed to a car trunk. "So," she began clapping to get his attention, "you've been busy."

"D, I thought you were dead," Aaron said with an unreadable expression, "Why ain't you come back?" She scoffed, "Why are you buying weapons?" She shot back.

He exhaled, scratching the back of his head, "It's not like that you know." He responded. "How you been?" The scruffy man changed the subject.

"Busy." She responded, untying his hand. "I wasn't out having fun or some shit like that, I was learning how to control this superpower shit so I don't just kill someone when I get mad."

"I'm doing this for us." Aaron reasoned, Destiny stared dead at him, "You is one fucked up nigga you know that; lying for what, your pride?"

He shook his head, "Not you, I mean Miles and Jeff; when you disappeared and your dad died I sold the shop."

"And it's that hard to find a job," Destiny wasn't buying anything he was trying to sell, she hugged herself.