someone else - part two (requested)

"Hang on a second," You called out as you made your way to the door as someone continued to knock on it.

You opened the door, unsure of who you'd be coming face to face with.

It was getting late in the evening and you had been getting ready to settle into bed for the night.

It was meant to be a good night.

But you're unsure of that's what it'll be now that you see Yeji standing there in front of you.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked with a sniffle.

Her eyes looked red and her cheeks were stained with tears.

She'd been crying.

"I told you already, Yeji. Once you left that night, you were out of my life for good. I really don't have anything to say to you." You said, trying to stand your ground.

"I know but I made a huge mistake." She said. "I regret that decision more than anything. It was a big mistake to let you go and try to be with someone else."

"It didn't work out, did it?" You asked as you folded your arms over your chest. "That's why you're here? To see if I'd take you back?"

"I wanted to know if you'd give me a second chance. I know I messed up and I understand why you're so upset at me-"

"Oh, do you?" You interrupted. "Imagine if I did this to you, Yeji. Break up with you to be with someone else just when you were falling for me harder than you ever before! Then I just come back and beg for another chance. Not because I miss you, but because things just didn't work out." You scoffed.

"No, that's not it at all." She said. "I do miss you, Y/N. I miss you so much."

She took your hand into hers and you breathed out a heavy sigh, trying so hard not to melt over the simple brush of her fingertips.

You missed her too.

But this wasn't right.

No matter how much you missed her, you weren't about to forgive her after what she did to you.

"If things were working out with her, you wouldn't be here right now. We both know that. So let go of my hand."

She dropped your hand as you told her to and hung her head in sadness.

"I can't believe you, Yeji. You know, it was bad enough for you to break my heart but to come back here and expect me to forgive you after what you did is just insane!"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She said. "Do you want me to beg you for forgiveness, Y/N? I'll do it. I'll get down on my hands and knees for you right now."

"No." You said. "What I want is for you to leave."

She closed her eyes as her heart shattered over your words.

"I'm not about to forgive and forget and act like everything can be fixed, because it can't. You broke up with me to be with someone else. It didn't work out. That's on you."

She didn't say a word to you as she hung her head again.

"I told you that night that when you walked out, that was it. We were over. I meant it. I can't forgive you for this, Yeji, and I can't take you back."

As hard as it was for her, she knew she had no choice but to just accept it.

"Just go. Leave me alone and let me move on."

"Okay." She said, swallowing the lump in her throat. "If you ever change your mind though, I'll be at the dorms."

"I'm not changing my mind, Yeji. It's done, we're done. This is goodbye for good."

She turned around and made her way back to her car.

She got inside and drove away and as she did so, all she could think about was how much she regretted leaving you in the first place.

She didn't know how good she had it till she lost you.

And she had no one to blame for that but herself.