𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘彡

    "𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑," james points out after a few moments of silence. trying to hide the growing smile on his face while walking ahead of me.

"oh, he probably doesn't like adam that much then," i respond. i feel for adams boss, as much love i have for the boy, he can be a pain. making a few steps longer then the last to catch up to the blonde.

i play with the lose strings of the basket while walking, occasionally twisting it until it's in a knot, then unraveling it. it keeps me from picking at my hands while being bored. james is fun to talk too, but we've been walking for a good amount of time.

"well, adam told me some examples—" james grin only seems to get bigger, not caring to avoid eye contact as he waits for my answer.

"well, that's fun," i comment, rolling my eyes playfully. ignoring the reaction he's trying rise out of me.

with james age, it's no surprise if he says a bad word here or there. i don't mind, but adam prefers to not have james use language.

it's ironic.

"well, he said something like how warner was a piece of shit who—"

my hand slaps over his mouth as he erupts into a fit of giggles. my hand doesn't muffle much noise, his laughs surrounds the pathway.

"i don't adam would like to hear that," james immediately turns still, looking at me with pleading eyes. now it's my turn to poke my fun at the blonde.

averting my gaze to the grass; raising my finger to my chin. "i might tell him, what do you think?"

his distressed face itself is laughable, he shakes his head until his neat hair is messy once more. without missing a break, he swipes it off; pushing the lose stands to see my expression.

"you know i'm joking," i retort, a small smile painting my lips as james mirrors my expression. nudging my shoulders with his slightly; a sign of reassurance.

"yeah—i knew that. i was joking too." james comments back in a serious tone, the grin gracing his face doesn't help his argument.

𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙

𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄, i know it from the increasing amount of decaying buildings and overgrown plants. i've walked this terrain to grow close to it and recognize bits and parts, just in case we've ever gotten lost past curfew.

a sound of a bush rustling catches my attention, but i don't pay much mind since it could be wind. the sound of sticks snapping make me focus on the shrub.

"hold on," james stops with me, squinting over with curiosity. with my free hand, i push him slightly behind me, even with his young age; he still manages to look over my shoulder.

"what is it, rome?" the green eyes boy whispers, taking a grasp on my upper arm. the bush hasn't moved. i can't shake off the feeling of being uncomfortable.