𝐏𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐊, using his hand, he beckons us to come inside the tank. i quickly put the basket of sandwiches on the floor; my arm had become to hurt.

i shuffle behind james right as he's about to go into the tank. he goes first, me second. adam goes to a door to retrieve whoever we're going to meet. james turns to me confused. "who do you think it is?"

"i honestly have no clue." i shrug, then look around the tank to find it memorizing. i've never even been in a plane, let alone a tank, so it's odd.

i've only read about these types of things. it's pretty clean for its condition on the inside, while on the outside it's rusty and have many dents.

footsteps and the sound of a door opening tells me adam has what he wants to show us, when he steps out of the way. he reveals a girl.

she's beautiful.

but jesus christ, does she look like she's about to shit herself. i've never seen someone look so nervous in my life.

she looks around my age, but her facial expression and posture makes it look like she's seen things way beyond her years. she looks so malnourished and curious, but fear overtakes the expression on her face as she won't make eye contact with me or james.

she figets by playing with her teared dress, and running her hands through her hair. the dress she's wearing looks fancy, only without all the tears and dirt on the bottom. why was the dress in that condition?

adam guides her towards james and i. "james, rome, this is juliette." he turns his head slightly to look at juliette. "juliette, this is james and rome."

she gives us a shaky smile, looking even more anxious but makes eye contact with us, it's better than nothing, even if it's just a split second.

"wait, this is juliette?" james says looking back and forth from her and adam.

"you know me?"

"of course, adam can't ever seem to shut up about you." her face turns read. james must have read my mind ealier, now asking her about her teared up dress. her face looks like a tomato by how red she's getting.

"james, how about we make sure theres no underwear laying on the floor, because juliettes going to be stay with us for a while." adam objected, pushing james slightly by his back seeing how uncomfortable juliette had become.

now it's james turn to look embarrassed as he walks out of the tank and goes to where i assume, is his house. i turn from james to look at juliette, who had been staring at me.

"you're really pretty." i blurt out, covering my mouth while i do, not meaning to say that out loud.

"oh, you too, thanks." she says as she fidgets with her teared dress again "for the compliment! sorry i didn't-."

"no no, its fine, trust me you don't need to sorry at all." i smile at her, she smiles back.

it becomes quiet as we are waiting for james. i've never had any friends back home if i'm being honest, much less what people call 'girlfriends'. i've seen girls have a bond so tight that it seems like their sisters, souls intertwined.

'if we did become friends, could we paint each others nails, or braid each others hair?'

would she find that weird?

even if she does, she seems genuine. like she wouldn't judge me. i want to try and become friends with her, even if i've know her for 5 minutes.

i overheard adam and juilette talk with each other, but don't find the mean to listen to them. they seem really close, too close. are they in a relationship? i've seen the touches they give each other here and there, nothing to extreme.