𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏, it's around 4:00 am. i'm on the coach while adam and juilette are sharing a bed in the other room, jame's sleeping in his own room.

i can feel someone attempting to shaking me awake, i toss over so my back is facing them. when i realize it's james and he's crying, i turn back over and sit up. his eyes are red and filled with tears, some already slipping out. he looks down, he starts fidgeting with his fingers.

he opens his arms, asking me with his actions for a hug. i comply as i hug him tight, rocking side to side slightly as i hug james. "was it nightmares?"

"y-yeah." i can feel my shirt dampen by his tears as he holds tighter while resting his head on my shoulder. "do you want me to go get adam?"

"yes." just like how i have panic attacks, he has nightmares every now and then. since i don't stay over at his house often, it's rare for me to see him having a nightmare.

he's told me about it in the past though, sometimes he makes me stay in his room until he falls asleep because he's so scared at the thought of nightmares happening.

i slowly start to release him and stand up, i grab his hand and walk up to adams door. his hand holding mine is just as tight as he was hugging me.

his hands are sweaty and burning hot; it feels like he's cutting off my blood circulation, but i don't seem to care; the thought of james needing adam is my number one priority.

"adam?" i hear shuffling on the bed. god help me if i think their doing is what their doing.

"what?"

"uh-james had a nightmare and he's asking for you."

"james?" adam inquired, his voice starting to sound worried.

"can i come sleep out here with you?" james hiccuped, squeezing my hand tighter.

"of course, was is the nightmares?" adam asks softly, probably not trying to freak him out more. but james stays silent while the floor creaks and adam comes to the door and opens it.

i release james hand as adam picks him up, carrying him back to his room. me and juliette watch everything unfold.

we stay back and watch as adam comes back with bedding, and starts tucking him into bed. he's asleep right when his head hits the pillow. when james soft breathing is the only thing that can be heard in the room, adam looks back at me and juliette.

there's an awkward silence. i can tell adam wants me out of his room.

"so, um - im just gonna go, you can get back to it-" i walk out of the room and quietly close the door.

soon enough, i find myself heating up breakfast for james, it's around eight am. james has seen to forgot all about his nightmare that occurring only hours earlier.

he's questioning juliette about how he can touch adam.

ironic.

"how come you can touch him" annoyed, he raises his voice. "are you going to answer me?" the bed shuffles, and now adams awake as he asks for juliette, but when he realizes james is confronting both of him he's instantly wake.

"you're sleeping with a girl!"

"james, jesus chr-"

i laugh at the thought of adams face as james interrogates adam for sleeping next to a girl, him doing the same with juliette a minute later.

"james, go get ready for school, alright?" i proposed as i push him slightly away from adams room and towards his room instead.

"wait rome, let me help him." adam interjects as he gets up from the bed and goes next to james. they walk into his room in which i assume adam is getting james ready for school.