𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

"𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆-could you put the gun down?" kenji groans, clearly in agony.

adam starts to get agitated the more kenji talks. adam puts the gun directly into kenjis face.

"what are you doing here? who sent you?" since adam didn't open the door fully, i can't tell who's on the other side.

i hear the person called 'kenji' mutter something, i can't pick it up from how far i'm standing away from the door.

"look at me, you think i came here to kill you?"

adam pauses. "i'll put a bullet in your back, no problem."

"don't worry bro, i already have one in my back. or leg. or some shit. i don't know."

adam opens the door.

"get up."

"it's alright, i don't mind if you drag my ass inside."

adam clenches his jaw. "i don't want my brother to see all the blood on the carpet."

kenji manages to get up from door, trying to use the sides of the door as leverage. he stumbles into the room. i finally can take a good look at his appearance. black hair with black eyes.

if it wasn't for the blood and bruises covering his face, i would say he looks 'good'.

but he looks like he has been through hell and back. his clothes are torn to shreds, his posture is making him look like a broken doll.

he winces he tries to breath. then he's breaks into a smile. "holy shit." he tries to laugh but it comes out as a grunt. "holy shit, dude you're insane."

i notice he's talking about juliette when he's staring at her with wide eyes, adam looks beyond mad.

"the bathroom is over there."

kenji starts to slowly move to the bathroom. he stops. blinks. looks back over to juliette. now two guns are in his face. he manages to let out a laugh but flinches while doing so, letting out a wheeze.

"dude, you ran off with the crazy chick! you ran off with the psycho girl!" kenji yells as he tries to compose himself.

"i thought they were making that shit up. what the hell were you thinking? what are you gonna do with the psycho chick? now i know why warner wants you dead-OW, MAN, what the hell-"

"she's not crazy, and she's not dead either." adam grabs kenjis arm and slams the door as both of them enter the bathroom.

the only thing me and juliette can hear is the sounds of them arguing and kenji screaming. the sound probably coming from adam removing the bullet from wherever it was in kenjis body.

i turn to juliette. "you're not crazy-well i personally don't think you are. ."

i realize how awkward trying to comfort someone is when she doesn't make eye contact back with me.

"oh, thanks..."

it's been nearly an hour, and adam is still working on kenji. the sound of his screams and rain pouring is the only thing i'm making out in the silence.

me and juliette have since sat down on the couch. i've put down the gun on the dining table, not finding the need to hold it.

but juliette does as she hold on to it steady; she looks comfortable holding it as she stares and examines the gun.

the bathroom door opens and adam walks out, not sparing me a single glance but gives one to juliette as he gives her a soft smile.

now she's on her feet. he has a towel in his hands as he goes to the mini fridge to grab ice cubes and put them inside the towel. as quick as he was going out of the bathroom, he's back in.