𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄

𝐌𝐄, 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐈, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 abandoned the car we found james in and walked to a nearby building to hide out instead.

james had complained it was to hot inside the car, so we packed up the remaining groceries and duffel bags that were left in the car and made our way to here.

he since has been knocked out on kenjis lap after eating an entire can of food. i've lost my appetite long ago, but it seems kenji hasn't his as he keeps devouring the food like there's no tomorrow.

i hear the screeching of cheap metal scratch on the concrete floor as kenji pushes me a can of food. "you need to eat romeo, can't have me eating all of it-" he puts uses his hand to rub his stomach"-i need my abs to get all the ladies."

i let out a small laugh at his words, grabbing the can and slowly opening it. "holy shit."

"what?" i look around with widened eyes for anything that might be there, slowly starting to stand up, looking back and forth. "did i just make the romeo laugh? get me a trophy, right now."

"you scared me, god." i mutter as i sit back down, hitting him slightly on his arm on my way down. he's still laughing when i'm fully back in the position i was before.

"you're going to wake up james, jesus christ." wrinkling my nose, i grab the can of food i placed down next to me and a spoon out of one of the groceries bag. i open it do find a lukewarm tomato soup.

even if i tomatoes aren't my favorite, i suck it up and take tiny sips. kenji has finally stop laughing, and it seems he has finally finished eating as well. i look at him out of the corner of my eye to see him staring up ahead at the scenery of what had occurred.

the sky is not a clear blue, but has dark clouds and hints of dark grey and black probably coming from the gun powder and dust particles. on the terrain, remains body's and souls of people left behind.

the blood makes paint on houses and plants from how much there is. the grass that had been growing and trees that has lived longer than most is nothing but dead and rotting.

it's hurts me to see the place i had called home for years turn into a place for war.

"hey, thanks for, like getting me. saving me i guess." kenji looks back from the view to look back at me. "it's alright doll, i mean, how could i let romeo die? i would never forgive myself." he boasted, a small smirk coming upon his lips.

"sorry to keep bringing it up, but could you explain to me what's going on." i stammered, i'm not one to ask for much, especially someone i haven't known for a long time. i hate asking things for people over and over; i feel like i'm annoying them.

"okay, i'll try and keep it simple since it's a lot to unpack, basically at this place we are bringing you guys, we have things called 'gifts'."

"like what juliette has, right?" kenji nods in response. "all gifts are different, they can range from invisibility to electricity." when he says invisibility, all clicks in my brain.

the reason the soliders hasn't see us was because kenji can be invisible. "you can turn invisible?" i retorted. he nods in agreement. "could you show me?"

i want him to show me that he can. even though the guards should be enough evidence, i have to see it with my eyes to believe what im hearing. i have to know what i'm getting myself into is worth the risk.

i keep my eyes on kenji as he agrees. the moment i blink he's gone. disappeared into thin air, no trace he was here except james head being held it by nothing. james still being sound asleep.