Chapter 2 Still in the Darkness

Disclaimer: I don't own the LRL series and cannon characters but I would be tweaking personalities of some characters to help my plot according to requirements. Also Characters of my story would be shared shortly at specific levels so as not to give spoilers away. I have also added some of Oc characters that are wholly my creation.

Lrl fanfic by Gyan
Chapter 2 Still in the Darkness

Continuing from chapter one scenario...

There were two officers who were on duty searching Captain Rajveer belongings for clues. But it was still a lost cause as every paper or file they could find was written in a very casual way but yet there were some phrases in code they could recognise.

Day 1 of searching
Officer 1: There are so many files and papers here, it would take us at least a week even to read through all of that.
Officers 2: And we are supposed to find the codes, decipher them, find the clus, all of that in a two day period.
Officer 1 : Let's get to work , i am already tired looking at them.

Day 2 of searching
Officer 1: I am not able to find even a single suspicious name or place. Everything is very normal.
Officers 2: Yes , I too am tired now.but one thing for sure there is code here somewhere these people are not in our records and when they are found in citizen registers addresses mentioned there are wrong. So these must be fake identities.

Day 3 of searching
(They needed an extra day for going through all the documents they shortlisted that might contain some code.)
Officer 1: We are here for 3 days now and still couldn't find out anything.
Officer 2: Let's tell these to our bosses,I have already read them 3 times each not anymore.
........ scene break........

Two Officers finally told their superiors that they were unable to find anything of importance. Superiors arranged a meeting the next day of all officers involved to discuss the same.

Next day (5 days after letter to Rajveer was intercepted )
All officers again are seated in the conference room . One Officer says why don't they all collectively check Rajveers belongings again and try to make sense of all these documents. As if one person couldn't recognise any code then someone else would. But they collectively were also finding it lost cause.
There were no proper names / identities or locations written anywhere that were suspicious on first look. All the person's that Letters mentioned, were sent to or received from were not in army records anywhere. Even if they are found in citizenship records there are no proper authentic addresses to go by each one is a fake.
Rajveer being strategy and espionage expert was that thorough when it came to secrecy and strategy, when you sometimes couldn't find that there could be a code hidden here, how were you to decipher it and when you did find something how were you to make sense of it as nothing no meter no sequence was there to go by.
After a long time Two Officers share that they might have some idea, as they finally seem to have found a code in one of the letters. After Decoding it they get to know that the girl first mentioned in letter ( The letter at start of chapter 1) is the daughter of the person named "Bonzo " and that Rajveer considered her as his sister.
They try to decipher the location of that girl, when they realize she is living in a hostel with the name of Meera Shekhawat and that Rajveer used to go and meet her as her brother. This was obviously a false identity as Rajveer didn't have a biological sister. They still don't know where the person's letter actually came from either. They just know the girls real first name is Kanika with real surname and middle name still missing.
When they went to the location of the letterbox they got to know it had been closed for a long time. They tried to find a safe house type place in a nearby area. Finally getting a breakthrough an abandoned house is found, where it seems someone was kept on life support for long time, it might have been the person that letter was sent by mentioned as "Bonzo Uncle" and as they had realised before he was probably not alive anymore.
After searching through the place they find the location of the girls hostel. They send some people to keep an eye on the hostel and nearby areas. They are planning to contact Meera/Kanika after prper investigation. A phone call is intercepted outside the hostel about an attack on the her. Superior Officers when told about this, finally decide to send someone to confirm identity of her and protect the Girl Kanika or as she is going by now Meera Shekhawat.
***........ End of chapter 2.......... ***

Author note: Hello people , here was the second chapter of my story. Please give feedback and share your thoughts in the comments section. Also tell me if I am going with too much mysterious and suspense route. Well this route is actually needed for establish premise and make a way for next chapter.
Please also vote if you are liking the story till now and want to see it progress ahead. Thank you all the readers. - Gyan