Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own the LRL series and cannon characters but I would be tweaking personalities of some characters to help my plot according to requirements. Also Characters of my story would be shared shortly at specific levels so as not to give spoilers away. I have also added some of Oc characters that are wholly my creation.

Chapter 3

As decided, the army wants to send someone to contact and then protect Meera. They name this operation as "Savior" and make Major Sinha its Lead. He starts planning the operation with his team. They have already shortlisted some officers on the basis of experience and expertise along with there emotional capabilities as Meera would be devastated by news of her father and brothers demise they wanted someone who can handle her in that scenario. Along with protection they wanted that officer to find out more about everything like Rajveer and her fathers connection etc. So the person should be capable in all these things.
....Scene break.......

In a detention camp there is a person who lives there but is not actually sent as punishment. He has been given a vell to live in with all the extra facilities such as Television, proper bed and food etc. He is someone who works with government agencies outside of the center. He is given a number or identity of person and he then becomes whoever needs to be to protect or kill as needed.He is called as " Gunny", but mind it its not his real name but just a codename given for his work. He takes as many identities and names as needed for his work.
He is actually tired of doing this again and again. After he completes one assignment another is sent his way as he is that efficient and useful. Being smart as well as extremely observant he sometimes changes his order a little bit as he sometimes in the past realized his instructions when set in stone are horrifying to work with. He likes it when they are more of a suggestions and basic guidelines for him to work on, not to work on exactly as instructed. Initially when he was given the assignments, he used to do just as told but it started weighing heavily on his conscience. Then he spoke with his handler and that discussion led to his current way of working. Where he is just given an assignment and how to work that out is his prerogative.
There have been many changes as years went by ,his handlers changed, sometimes his assignments took different turns , sometimes he even saw death very near him but this way of working has stayed. Whenever a new handler used to get too caught in his own power over Gunny, he was put in his place by his superior. As it was very convenient for the army to get a person who is even while working such a difficult job kept a sane mind and calm persona.
There were some more people sent there just some time back who actually were the students of KMA , the same academy where Captain Rajveer used to teach at. These were also the same Cadets called as Super Six of KMA, including Rajveers protege Naina Singh Ahluwalia.
Gunny was sent a picture of her and instructed to kill Naina. But at moment when he went to kill her she started shouting in her sleep about taking revenge for murders of her brother Naveen and her Rajveer Sir. He was baffled hearing Rajveers name as he had heard it many times before. He wanted to be sure now of his assignment as He had worked with Naveen too in one of his assignments. He was very Shattered after hearing about that Naveen's betrayal and consequently being called a traitor. He wanted to clear it out if the Naveen he worked with and the one Naina was shouting in sleep about were the same. As when he had tried before to talk with his handler about Naveen's case he was told he had a sister who was studying in college and about parents and their plight.
He called two of the cadets who were friends with Naina to speak about this and get to know the reality. When he heard them he was shocked as he has never before been told to end the life of an innocent. He when refused to kill her and shared the same with his handler was laughed at and told to do as instructed. It might be that his new handler hasn't heard about how crafty Gunny could be.
Later on when somebody else was sent to kill Naina, Gunny had saved her and also helped all these cadets till the end of their time in detention camp. This all had just happened a week back and now gunny was again in his cell.
.........Scene break.......

In the Rachna girls' hostels of Dehradun, connected with Dehradun college of Commerce, one girl has just awoken from her afternoon sleep. She after her lunch was working on her weekly assignments and then thought to take a short nap of 10 minutes, but that was 2 hours back. Her friends were all outside playing on the ground or chatting in the canteen. As it was a holiday, she was waiting for a letter that came every alternate week for her. She was missing her Papa and Bhai. Her bhai also was busy with work; he had been given a new assignment and was posted as a teacher now. She actually couldn't imagine him as a teacher. When he met her last month, he was already working there. She had made fun of him that he could never find a better student than her and if he thinks he can teach people other than her he was severely mistaken. According to her, it was her talent of being a good listener and student that she could understand when he teaches , and that others would find it incomprehensible.
She was also excited to know how her Papa was doing and is he well now. She knew he was to be on life support but her bhai had assured her that papa would get fine soon as effect of those big tablets and bitter medicine he takes. He had shown her a picture of her papa, but didn't allow her to keep it , saying it was against protocol and that she would get him in danger. She had religiously waited since then for her bhai to come back and get her any news of her papa.
She after getting fresh went outside towards the canteen, after a long nap she needed some sustenance in the form of any oily and spicy food along with hot beverages such as Coffee. As she was going there she heard something someone was asking about her to her friends. She got suspicious as her brother had told her to be safe while talking to anybody strange and unknown. They could have been sent to kidnap or kill her for being connected with them, or generally could be very horrible people who can harm her just because.
She was keeping an eye on them from afar while trying to listen to their talks. Then he heard one of her classmates from junior college telling them to head to girls hostel residencial area while cautioning to wait near the waiting lodge and to call her from the warden's desk. Those people went towards the hostel and she remained hidden in the kitchen area of the canteen where she had found a secret space which couldn't be seen from outside the dining area. But the cook would be coming soon and could catch her so she slowly started to come out. When she finally exited one of the classmates who had told those people about her hostel saw her and called those people back. Meera was so angry, she had wasted many precious seconds coming out of her hiding place silently and this girl had immediately calle her and wasted all of her efforts. She observed those people coming back and noticed one of them putting his hand in his jacket. She was light on her feet and tried to run but they were faster and agile than her. One of them shot at her and she turned and a bullet went into her upper arm. She started to run towards the side corridor. Everybody was scared and the shrill sounds of people and the breaking noises of plates and bowls invited chaos in there. She managed to go to the end of the corridor and went inside the laundry room on the right. Those goons following her couldn't find her that easily. Till then authorities were contacted and college security came there , police were also on the way. One of the goons realizing they might get trapped shot a security guard. Till then police reached there , capturing all the 4 goons and after sending them to the station with some constables, started to search for her.
She was found by her warden along with police, hiding inside the dirty clothes rack in the laundry room. She had fainted due to shock of getting shot at and the blood dripping from the bullet wound. Bullet had just gone touching her arm; it hadn't penetrated but the feeling of being shot at was so horrible she had fainted instantly after hiding in the rack.
She was then admitted to hospital nearby and police had placed security outside of her room. When the army got wind of that they also posted there a few soldiers in civil clothes nearby her room and started planning vigorously for her longtime protection details and information about her background and debating about whom to send as her bodyguard.
...... .scene break...... .

Author's note : Hello people, here the third chapter , please share how you find it good or bad. Please also suggest any changes you think are needed to make it better. Also are you people fine with me giving such big complex personality arcs and introductions to the characters of my fanfic. Please share your thoughts in the comments and keep liking and voting for my works. - Gyan