5

(POV: 3rd Person Omniscient)

Affection is one of the last things the warden would have expected another being to give him. And yet, here was (Y/N), comfortably pressed up against the warden's side. The (Y/S) was radiating calm emotions as they snuggled up to him, a relaxed smile on their face and faint blush spreading across their cheeks. They were so vulnerable compared to the warden, especially due to being a target for monsters like zombies, skeletons, and creepers. Thankfully, any hostile beings that could potentially cause harm to (Y/N) were smart enough to stay well away from the warden, knowing his power and that he wouldn't hesitate to protect (Y/N) from danger, even if he had only known them a short while. The warden felt peaceful, doubting that anything could disturb this moment.

Meanwhile, however, there was something much less peaceful happening at a pillager outpost. One pillager appeared rather furious with some of the other members due to the escape of a certain (Y/S).

"You lost them!?" He shouted in anger. "I give you ONE job, and you blow it."

"But sir." one member spoke. "We've still had quite the success with raiding the village-"

"THAT WASN'T THE POINT OF THE ATTACK, JUDAS!" The enraged pillager snapped. "I told you specifically to kill a (Y/S) and you failed."

"Uh... b-but Markus-" another pillager began.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR OPINION, ROBERT!"

"But sir, we heard screaming and came across a ravine. The (Y/S) could've plunged to their death."

"You sure they weren't faking, perhaps? Trying to trick you? Even if they did fall, they could still be alive. AND WILL MOST LIKE COME BACK TO PROTECT THEIR PRECIOUS VILLAGE FRIENDS AND INTERFERE WITH OUR PLANS!" Markus' face was getting visibly redder with rage by the minute as he glared at the others. "I want you to get out there and FIND AND KILL THAT (Y/S)! DISMISSED."

"Yes sir!" the other pillagers said in union before disassembling.

"Soon..." Markus chuckled evilly. "(Y/N) the (Y/S) will be no more..."

But... little did Markus and the other pillagers know, that (Y/N) had a formidable protector, which not even their strongest Ravangers would be able to get past, no matter how hard they tried. Although said protector was one of the last beings one would expect to defend a helpless (Y/S), there was little, if not nothing, the warden wouldn't risk protecting (Y/N), despite knowing them for only a few days.

It simply felt right for him to defend the (Y/S). No matter what troubles and terrors the world threw their way.

(A/N) Really sorry if this is short. And also sorry for how long it took. At least you didn't turn me into a horse...

Right?