6

A/N: I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING ON THIS STORY. I've been pretty busy, but this story is not gonna be discontinued. Even if it takes me 10 years! Also I apologize if this is short...

(POV: Y/N)

Despite how comfortable I was by the Warden's side, it was hard to ignore the soreness of the arrow in my leg. Even the slightest of movements or leaning the smallest bits of weight on it could send a rush of pain up it. Part of me just wanted to yank the bloody Pillager arrow out, but the other part knew I risked suffering problems such as serious blood loss if I just removed it. I'd have to have the help of someone who actually knew what they were doing, rather than impulsively ripping out the annoying thing. It would be incredibly hard for me to seek professional help so deep within the ground, since very few miners actually had the guts to venture that far from the surface. I glanced at the Warden, wondering If maybe there was someway he could help? 

"Hey... Uh..." I started, about to ask for his help. He turned his head towards me as one of his antennae clicked. However, I stopped myself before I could continue. 

"Err... Nevermind, sorry..." The reason I decided not to ask was because I knew that the Warden was practically the guardian of the Ancient City, so I doubted he'd venture very far from it. He may have been comfortable enough around me to not want to attack me, and yes he had helped me quite a bit since I came down here. But would he be willing to go as far as to venture near the surface in hopes of finding someone that could help me? I shifted a bit and felt pain shoot up my injured leg when I moved it. I hissed in pain.

"Geez, that pain doesn't seem to get better..." I muttered, clutching my leg. It looked as red and swollen as ever, but there was little I could do about it. Sighing, I let go of my leg. I felt the Warden shift and move beside me, so I turned around to face him. He was in a sort of kneeling position and appeared to be... offering a paw to me? Was he trying to help me stand up? I somewhat doubted it because I figured he knew I could manage getting up by myself. Regardless of whatever he was offering a paw to me for, I was somewhat hesitant when I firmly but gently took it.

"Why are you- WOAH!" I was caught by surprise when he lifted me onto one of his shoulders. Not wanting to fall, I carefully reached an arm gently around his neck to keep my balance. He held my legs tightly to make sure I wouldn't fall off of his shoulder and to make me feel more supported. He purred softly as if to reassure me that he wasn't going to let me lose balance. I tilted my head a bit in confusion as he began walking away from the ancient city. Where was he going? Was he actually going to find someone to help me? I blinked in surprise as he ventured further and further away from his home, which more or less confirmed my theory. I could hardly believe he was willing to actually leave his position as guardian of the ancient city temporarily to help me. Maybe he cared about me more than I thought.

Just maybe...