Prelude

Slick and Jeremy's relationship had always been sour. They had been together for over two years, and it seemed like they couldn't get away from the toxicity that had seeped into their dynamic. Slick had Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and as a result, he struggled to see things from anyone else's perspective but his own. He cheated on Jeremy and manipulated him with ease, and Jeremy always found himself being drawn back in, despite knowing how unhealthy it probably was.

But on this particular day, Slick had his largest breakdown yet. It started with a minor argument, but before Jeremy knew it, Slick was sobbing uncontrollably, tears streaming down his face as he clutched at his chest. Jeremy tried to comfort him, holding him close and whispering soothing words, but it was like trying to stop a flood with a bucket.

After a while, Jeremy realized that he needed to do something dramatic. He couldn't keep watching Slick spiral out of control, and he knew that he couldn't fix their problems on his own. So, in the dead of that summer night, Jeremy begged him before dragging Slick into the car. They began their drive towards an old place in the country, one that he had inherited from his grandparents.

It was a long drive, and Jeremy could feel Slick's tension growing with each passing mile. But eventually, they arrived at the old property, and Jeremy led Slick inside. The place was musty and old, but it was peaceful, and Jeremy hoped that it would help.

He took Slick's hand and led him upstairs to the bedroom, where he tucked him into bed and sat by his side. Slick didn't stop crying for a long time, his sobs shaking the bed and echoing through the small room. Jeremy tried everything he could think of to calm him down, but nothing seemed to work. Finally, Slick cried himself out and fell into a deep sleep.

Jeremy sat there for a while, watching Slick as he slept. He knew that their problems were far from over, but for the moment, he was glad that they had found some semblance of peace. He hoped that the quiet of the countryside would help them to heal, and that they could find a way to move forward together.

He felt a sense of relief wash over him, knowing that Slick was finally at rest. He closed his eyes and let out a contented sigh, feeling grateful for the warmth of the blankets and the comfort of Slick's body next to his. He fell asleep with the sound of Slick's steady breathing in his ears, feeling hopeful for a better tomorrow. The next day passed shortly thereafter, where Jeremy resupplied their kitchen, dusting the house down, and Slick made small appearances every now and then to watch.

(Slick is the red one and Jeremy is the brown one in the photo)