Chapter 7: Wario 💰

Wario is a greedy and pretentious plumber who inspires to strike it lucky in the world.

All he cares about is money. He seeks pride in obtaining riches rather than valuing the life around him.

He used to be a successful mascot and entrepreneur of the minigame casino WarioWare Inc, that was once an esteemed business in New Donk City. But it went bankrupt, causing all of his friends to leave him behind and his life to fall apart. He is a former celebrity who has since left the spotlight.

He and his brother Waluigi took a job under Spike and his wrecking crew in the hopes of getting enough earnings to restart WarioWare. They are brought in as a replacement to the Mario brothers.

Wario struggles to live up to Mario's name as plumbing feels like a chore to him.

Wario and Waluigi's relationship is dysfunctional unlike Mario and Luigi's brotherly bond. Wario treats his brother like he is lesser than and views him as a disappointment. He cut off Waluigi from the family business.

When they first met up with the Mario brothers, they got off to a rough start. Mario despised Wario for being his copycat. The two are rivals to each other.

When Spike doesn't pay him and his brother the money he wants, he takes matters into his own hands and decides to claim money and his name back his own way. That's when they are both whisked into the Mushroom Kingdom through the pipe.

When they arrive, they meet Kamek who offers them a deal - capture the Yoshi egg and bring it to him in exchange for a large slum in cash. Enough to ressurect his business. Wario takes the job without any hesitation.

Wario is a motorcyclist and professional mechanic. He drives his own bike. He uses it to pursue Mario and Luigi who are trying to take Yoshi back to his homeland.

Wario may seem streetwise and level headed but he can easily lose his temper if he doesn't get what he is promised  - money. He is hot-headed and ruthless in getting what he wants.

He is one of the primary main antagonists of The Super Mario Bros movie 2.

He will be voiced by Pedro Pascal.