In the name of science! 💜

Donatello sets on a journey to discover why Reader makes him feel the things he feels.
However if he wants answers, experiments are due, which Reader finds thoroughly amusing.
Aka the misadventures of a very oblivious purple turtle.
_________________________________________

"How long has he been at it again?" April's concerned eyes stay trailed on the purple banded turtle way within her friend's personal space.

Willingly. Staying. There.

"A week or two, give or take?" Y/n sighs, confusion coating her tone. "Not that I'm complaining," She squeezes the green hand currently nestled within hers, eyeing the terrapin up and down with a smirk. Donnie's face turns a shade redder. "Teasing me will not get me any more answers, neither is it helping my current situation!" He complains, he doesn't pull away though.

Y/n rolls her eyes. "Not like you'll get any answers by burrying your nose in that fancy bracelet of yours anyway." She snickers at the offended look that statement earns her.
"First of all, I do not appreciate you referring to this piece of wonder as a 'fancy bracelet'," He rambles without so much as taking a breath. "Second, it is the very thing monitoring my unusual vitals, so I believe it will, thank you." He holds his nose high, scoffing to himself without actually saying the word out loud for once.

N/n just keeps chuckling. "Right right, keep doing your nerd thing instead of actually getting closer to the truth."

"It is not a nerd- Argh, you know what, whatever, just," The turtle drags his free hand down his still red face. "Do you mind if I hug you? For just a couple of seconds." The two girls didn't think Donnie's face could get any redder but in his words, alas.

Yeah this has been going on for a while now, what with Donatello seeming to 'test his boundaries' or something, he's been getting increasingly closer and more touchy, slowly.

But a hug? All or nothing today huh?

Y/n quirks an eyebrow. "Not sure why you need to ask, but sure." This isn't exactly how she imagined her first hug with the guy would go but who is she to deny this awkward but gorgeous man?
Her own cheeks redden a little at what is about to happen. She isn't a shy person by any means but the crush on this guy has been a real bad one, sue her.

"C'mere Don, I promise I don't bite," She does have to try not to cackle real hard when Donnie flinches at that, then proceeds to shoot her a nasty glare.
She waves her hand in dismissal, opening both of her arms in an invite.

"I am well aware that humans do not bite.." He says that but he still looks sceptical as can be. Donnie stares daggers into Y/n's eyes the whole time as he scoots closer.

What is he so scared of?

It's him towering over her, not the other way around.

The turtle's face is now going into wine shades.

The human bites her lips close to keep the laughter in but she can't stop the smirk from forming.

Donnie's burning face pinches into a frown. "What's with the look?" His hands that he reached out towards her flinch with slight irritation as he falters.
He juts out his lower lip in a comedic pout, scrutinizing the girl.
Y/n has to bite down on her lip harder at the face. "No, no it's- Pfff- It's fine, don't mind me!" Her smile reaching ear to ear, she makes grabby hands at Donnie to beckon him.
The turtle gives her a deadpan look but she just grabs at him again.
With a sigh and a roll of his eyes, Donnie moves towards her once more.

Ever so slowly.

"Any time now, Dee," Behind Y/n, April smirks like the cat who got the canari. Donnie's poor heart does a little flip at the urging. "I know, I know! Just.. Give me a moment." He falters again, suddenly finding the material of the couch most fascinating.
Y/n swats at April's shoulder in mock annoyance and Donnie flinches at her yelp. "Hush, O'Neil! I'm trying to have a once in a lifetime experience here!" Her tone is serious but her face couldn't be goofier.