2nd prompt on fandom

What if Kjartan joined the crew?

Once Geno arrived at the Lodge, he looked around for anyone to talk to. He had recruited a group of sailors so far, and he wanted to recruit another person.

"Hello?" Geno asked to hulking man standing before him, leaning against the bar wall.

"Hello!" The man responded, walking towards Geno.

Well that conversation starter was worse than a pile of shit.

"So, do you know any fighting styles?" Kjartan asked Geno. "I'm Kjartan by the way." He introduced himself.

"Oh, I'm Geno, Geno Banks." He introduced himself as well. "And no, I have no idea about any fighting styles. I'm a mage." He told Kjartan, who nodded. "I've been trying to sail the war seas in search of a strong fighting style." He stated.

Well that's convenient.

"Well, I'm sailing across the bronze sea to stop the order of Aesir." Geno told Kjartan, who recoiled in shock.

"That organization... so the scrolls were true, after all."

"What scrolls?"

"I mastered a lost fighting style known as Impact Fist. I came across one of the scrolls a while back, and gathered all the scrolls together to master it a few months back. It took me a few years, but I managed to succeed. One of the scrolls mentioned something about an order wiping out this form, and causing the masters to have to seal the scrolls into bottles in hopes of passing the technique on... so that was true, and not just some fairy tale..."

"Can I see what it does?"

"Oh, well, we can spar if you want."

Kjartan put up a fighting stance, while Geno charged up his magic to the max.

"Let's go!" Geno initiated the fight, launching two lightning arrows towards Kjartan, who blocked them, leaving behind only a piece of charred skin. "'Tis but a scratch!" The hulking man said, dashing towards Geno and hitting him in the gut, and making Geno feel his own magic harming him.

Geno landed on the ground, rebounding and kicking Kjartan, only to get blocked again, and slammed onto the ground with a choke slam.

(Headcanon is that impact fists works similarly to Ultra Ego, but for magic)

"Kagh—" Geno coughed, struggling to breathe as Kjartan tightens his hand around his neck, slowly closing his windpipe.

An idea made its way onto his mind, and he exploded with lightning, sending Kjartan back.

Geno, now engulfed in an aura, charges up 3 magic circles.