Family - What if Morden and Beringer knew each other?

"Uncle Beringer, what happened in the other seas?" Morden asked one day with curiosity. It had been a year since Beringer was inducted into the family of Morden, in turn, Ren as well.

"Alright, since you're now 12, you're now ready to hear the rest of the story..."

Beringer weaved a story about rumors that came from the very edge of the world, the sound of another civilization being collapsed by magic.

This tale, of course, is Arcane Adventures. (Since neither civilizations heard about each other's existence, those who dared to sail across the dark sea towards the seven seas never returned, and only journals and diaries have been retrieved from the same people who went there, logging a story of tragedy, and legend.)

Morden listened, his eyes sparkling with wonder.

Then, something happened.

A knock on the door was heard as Beringer peeked in through the eye hole.

He hummed as he went, but what he saw next took his breath away.

7 hooded figures were standing before the door, almost all of them holding out their hands as a magic circle appeared.

"Shit!" Beringer yelled aloud.

"Mom said not to say any cuss words, remember?"

"This is an emergency! Come with me, Morden!"

Morden immediately obliged without any more questions. If even Beringer was that unsettled, then the people at the door were truly fearsome.

Morden grabbed onto his uncle's hand, when the doors bust open with a combined blast, a gas beginning to fly into the room.

"The Order requests an audience with you." One of the hooded figures said, summoning another magic circle.

"Khh..."

"Don't worry. Your nephew will be safe and sound with the Order."

"!!!" Beringer immediately shot a load of cloud magic at the 7 figures,

The figures dodged easily, dashing towards Beringer with a magic leap, and cuffing him before he could do anything more.

Beringer immediately felt drained, but he knew he had to protect this child.

He slammed his cuffs against the ground, breaking them (considering one weapon slash, even from the old dagger, can break the cuffs, it's not a stretch to assume that Beringer can break them pretty easily.)

Morden stood there, paralyzed in fear.

A figure snuck up behind Morden, grabbing his neck.

He started to feel heat around his neck. A magic circle was forming.

"Look behind you." Beringer turned back, only to see a figure holding Morden hostage.

"So what is it? The child's life, or yours?"

"..." His sweat began dropping from his head.

He could only say one thing.

"LET GO OF H—" He passed out, collapsing onto the floor.

"Heh, seems like the scientists' gas wasn't in vain after all." One smirked.

~Fort Talos~

Beringer woke up to him being chained onto a torture rack.

"Ah, finally awake, huh?" General Argos stepped forth, clad in full golden armor.

"WHAT'D YOU DO TO MORDEN?!" Beringer yelled at Argos.