Chapter 2

Fred's POV

I woke up to the sound of talking, I looked up and saw my mum, Angelina, George and my dad talking in low voices.

"When did you get here?" I asked no one in particular. It was my mother who answered "Fred, my dear, we didn't want to wake you" she said walking over to me and placed her hands on either side of my face looking down upon me. "How are you, dear?" she asked, concerned. "Mum let go" I complained trying to struggle out of her grasp, she gave me a kiss on my forehead before letting go of my face. "You should go home and have a shower, get some rest.." she began but I interrupted her. "No, I'm not leaving," I said determinedly. She only gave me a sad smile before continuing "There is nothing you can do for her now, better take care of yourself. You know she would want..." I interrupted her again, this time louder. "I'm not leaving" she moved to continue but was interrupted by dad this time "Molly, leave it" he said tiredly. She looked over at him. "No I will not leave it alone, I understand that he is upset, but he needs food, he needs sleep and a shower." she said, I just looked out the window not wanting to have a fight with my mother. "Molly, he is an adult, he can make his own decisions. So if he wants to stay, let him" dad tried to reason with her, but she wouldn't bow down that easily. "Mum, just leave it," George said. "I can bring him some clothes from the flat and food they give him here, plus there is a sofa here" Angelina said before Molly could protest. I looked over at Angelina with a grateful smile. She smiled back at me. "Fine, but at least let me bring you some food, merlin only knows what awful food they will feed you here" she said. I simply nodded at her. "Great, now that's sorted" dad said happily. "Let's give them some space Molly, we only came by because your mother wanted to see you before we went home" he explained. Mum walked up and gave me a long hug and whispered so only I could hear "She will be okay, you know. She's strong. Promise me you will owl me if you need anything" she said and looked up at me. "Promise me?" she asked in her normal voice. "I promise," I said. "I will be back with some food for you tomorrow, anything special you want?" she asked. I shook my head. "No, nothing special. Thanks mum" I said. She walked over to George and I could hear her whisper "take care of him, will you?" I just rolled my eyes at her, like I couldn't take care of myself. "I don't need a babysitter mum" I said. She gave me a glare before turning back to George expecting him to answer her. "Yes mum" he said in the tone we always used when we didn't have the slightest intent on listening to her. "George," she said warningly. "Molly just leave it" dad said as he ushered my mother out the door. "Finally" George said with a grunt, "Thought she would never leave" he added. "George" Angelina said and hit him on the arm. "What?" he said with a smile. "He's not wrong you know" I said with a smirk on my lips. Angelina just let out a breath and a smile appeared on her face. "I'll go get some clothes for you, so you can have a shower. Anything special you want?" she asked. I just shook my head. She nodded before leaving the room.

"So, how are you?" George asked seriously. "Never been better" I said sarcastically. George just gave me a serious look.

"How do you think?" I asked him, but he didn't respond. "I don't know what to do, I feel so scared. What if she doesn't wake up? What if she does and she doesn't love me anymore. What if she dies?.." I asked, feeling hot tears stream down my face. "It's gonna be fine, Freddie," George said as he walked over towards me. "She could never stop loving you, that girl is crazy about you and you can't go around thinking that she is gonna die," he said, placing a hand on my back. "She will be fine, you just gotta have faith in that. Faith in her. She is strong and she will survive this." he added. "I am just so scared George, I feel like I'm losing her. I'm just so scared if I leave for only a second she won't be here when I get back. I only looked away for a second during the battle and she was gone. And I just.. I just.. I.." I couldn't get any more words out because of the sobbing. George got down on his knees in front of me and gave me a hug. "It's gonna be alright mate" he said softly, rubbing circles in a reassuring manner on my back.