Chapter 3

Reader POV

I feel myself wrapped in something soft, inviting me to feel safe and at peace. Yet I can still remember how scared I was, or was it just a bad dream? Of course it had been a nightmare, how could it have been anything differently? I was not laying on a hard, cold floor. The air is clean, not thick with dust like it had been in my dream. I let out a loud yawn as I move my arms to stretch them. My body feels stiff and sore, how could I be so sore. I must have probably slept in a strange way, that must be it I thought. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the dark room. I don't recognise the environment I'm in. I let out a yawn and look to my left, there is a large window with a view of the street below. Stars dancing over the night sky made me feel even more at peace. Below the large window stood a table filled with flowers, cards and boxes that looked like they could be some kind of sweets. Where am I? I thought to myself, feeling confused. I turned my head to my left as if the answer to my question would be waiting there, not surprised that the room was dark and empty apart from an armchair that is standing next to my bed. I take a deep breath and let out a sigh. I am more confused now than I had been since waking up. I close my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. Then it dawned on me, this is a hospital, I open my eyes and look around, it had to be a hospital. But why was I here? Then I can hear the faint noise of light snores coming from somewhere in front of me, I lift my head up to try and locate the source of the noise, but feel a blinding pain in the back of my head, causing me to wince in pain. I close my eyes and my hand reaches for the back of my head, feeling something soft wrapped around it. The snoring had stopped, I opened my eyes and saw a man appear in front of me. I stared at him, confused. Who was he? "[Y/N]" the man spoke, surprised. "I can't see you" I said, feeling fear fall over me. "Lumos" the man muttered and a light appeared. I looked at him shocked. This was the same ginger man from my dream. I was confused. How could I have dreamt about someone I had never met before? Or had the dream been real? We just sat staring at each other. His hair is a beautiful orange hue, the same as the changing leaves in autumn. Hair is unkempt from what I can only assume is the cause from sleeping. His eyes are dark and the tiredness that I had only seen in them a few moments ago had disappeared in its place joy had formed. A smile had appeared upon his lips, he looked beautiful. "[Y/N]" he spoke again, rising from his place in front of me. He towered over me, his figure lean yet muscular at the same time. His shirt is tangled and creased from sleeping, his pajama bottoms are in the same state. He neared me looking relieved and happy. My eyes met his and he leaned down to give me a hug. I recoiled away from him and winced in pain from moving my head. He stops, the smile falling from his face. "Are you in pain, love?" he asked, concerned. I just stared at him, too stunned to speak. "[Y/N], are you alright my darling?" he asked a bit softer sitting down on the edge of the bed next to me and grabbed my hand in his. I just looked down at our hands linked together, his hands felt soft and strong, rubbing circles reassuringly on the back of my hand. I looked up at him. "Who are you?" I asked him. He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face, his fingers had stopped moving. He stiffened and looked at me trying to read my expression. ""Do I know you?" I ask softly, not to startle the man in front of me. He just stared at me, not uttering a word. I started to feel a bit uneasy. Like he had picked up on this he slowly nodded his head. "I...I'm.." he started his voice cracking, he cleared his throat and continued. "I'm Fred, your husband," he said. I stared back at him, just as he had a moment ago, I looked down at my left hand and saw two simple yet beautiful wedding bands covering my ring finger. "You don't remember?" he asked me softly, I looked up at him and began to shake my head but had to stop from the pain. I could feel hot streamers of tears run down my cheeks. "Does it hurt that bad?" he asked, concerned. "No, it's just.." I began but couldn't finish my sentence, my throat had become thick. I was in pain, but I felt so overwhelmed. How could I not remember anything? How could I not know I was married. "Hey, it's okay," Fred said reassuringly. "I'm sorry, I just can't remember anything," I said in between sobs. Fred didn't say anything, he just climbed further onto the bed embracing me in a warm, loving hug. Even though I had only just met him, something in me felt safe when he hugged. I relaxed in his embrace and let him comfort me, because I needed the reassuring embrace that he provided me with. He held me until my sobs had ceased, he stroked my hair. "Thank you," I said just above a whisper. "You don't have to thank, darling," he said lovingly. I leaned away from him, and our eyes met. He smiled at me softly, in a way that made any embarrassment I had disappear. "I am so confused, I have so many questions," I said looking down at my hands. "Let me get your healer and we can begin to clear some things up, okay?" he said. I nodded slowly, not meeting his eyes. "Good," he said, getting up from the bed and walking over towards the door, he disappeared.