Chapter 7

"So, anything special you want to do?" he asked me the next morning over breakfast. "Watch a movie," I said without thinking. He looked at me surprised, "A movie?" I nodded. "Well we don't really have movies in the wizarding world," he gave me a warm smile "Oh.. how come?" curiosity taking over. "I don't know, it's a muggle invention. But if you ask me I think movies are wicked. When you took me to the cinema for the first time we got kicked out" he let out a small laugh remembering. "What did you do?" I asked with a smile growing on my lips. "What makes you think I did anything? Maybe it was you?" I only responded by giving him a knowing look. "Fine, fine.. It was me" he threw his hands up in a gelding motion. "Well you didn't really warn me about what it was. So when the movie started playing I started asking a lot of questions, quite loud. People kept telling us to be quiet, so naturally.." he gave me a mischievous grin "I threw popcorn at them. And somehow they didn't appreciate it" I rolled my eyes "Why am I not surprised" "You made it a point to tell me every single time we watched a movie after 'remember to be quiet or you will get kicked out'. Even when we watched one at home, just the two of us" he said. I let out a laugh. "I'm sure that didn't work, did it?" He grinned at me "Oh no it did, you were the one who wasn't quiet" he said smirking, his eyes darkening. I averted my eyes, feeling my cheeks heating to what I knew was a bright red shade. Realizing what he and I used to do together, the fact that he must have seen me naked and I him. I couldn't even imagine what something like that would be like. It's not that I don't know what that would imply. But realizing I didn't remember what It would be like, even the feel of his lips on mine. How did he kiss me? Soft and sweet like in the books I used to read as a child. Judging by the look he had given me a moment before I could only assume it would be nothing like the stories I grew up with. I felt myself getting warmer and I let out a deep breath and looked out the window. I needed to snap out of it, I only met this man a few days ago. I shook my head trying to shake the thoughts out of my mind. I could feel a hand caress mine, I had completely forgotten he was sitting there. I turned to look at him, concern written all over his features. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable," he said. My heart ached at the look in those beautiful brown eyes. "It's okay" I reassured him, looking down at our hands, I felt a little brave and laced my fingers with his and gave him a soft squeeze. "So.." he started and I looked over at him, his smile was growing. "..have I ever told you the story of when we got detention for sneaking out of divination and making out in the broom closet?" I hit him on the arm lightly "I would never do anyth..." he interrupted me before I could continue "Oh you did, and Snape of all people caught us, got detention for a month. He made us scrub his cauldrons without magic that git" he said remembering. I just stared at him. "And then.. You were so annoyed with me for getting you in detention that you wouldn't let me touch you for like a week. Told me I was a bad influence because you had never gotten detention before and it was all my fault" he leaned in closer with a mischievous grin "but do you know what the funny part is?" I could feel the heat rise up my neck. "You dragged me out of divination and pushed me into the broom closet, yet I got all the blame," he said smirking . There was a knock at the door. Fred only leaned back on the armchair giving me a massive grin. Amanda popped her head in. "Anthony thought it would be a good idea for you to try and go outside and get some fresh air, would you like that?" she asked. I nodded. "I would love to," giving her a small smile, still blushing. "Great, I'll send in healer August in a while to assist on the walk." I turned away from her, the look of disgust visible on my face. "I know he can be a bit..." she started looking for the right word. "Slimy?" Fred asked. "I was gonna say old, but yes I suppose that's true" I turned around "Is there no other healer that can assist?" I asked her hopefully. "No unfortunately there isn't. He is the assigned healer for walk assistant" she said, giving me a sympathetic look. "Do we need to have a healer to assist?" Fred asked. "I would be more than happy to help," he said. I smiled over at him. "It's protocol that if you leave this floor you will need to have assistants in case something happens" she said but quickly added "but he only has to accompany you on the walk. If you wish for your husband to help with any assistance you may inquire that that is perfectly fine. However you will need.." but I had stopped listening to her, to caught up on that one word, husband. Of course I had known he was my husband, but hearing someone else address Fred as my husband somehow shocked me. I looked out the window at the bright day and people running around outside. Feeling overwhelmed. I heard Amanda leave.

"Are you okay?" came Fred's voice a while later. "We can stay if you don't feel like going outside. Whatever you want that's fine" I only nodded in response, my eyes not leaving the people outside. His hand squeezed mine reassuringly. "Do you mind if we stay inside? I feel a little overwhelmed. I just want to read a book and not talk to anyone," my voice coming out weaker than I wanted to sound. "Maybe tomorrow" I asked him, trying to sound less weak, but failing miserably. "Of course, anything special you want me to read?" he asked. I looked over at him confused. "The healer said you shouldn't read for a few weeks given your head injury, it could cause headaches at best and come at worst," he said. "Can't they just heal it with magic?" I was a bit confused. "No, when it comes to the type of brain injury you had, the best thing we can do is just leave it to heal on its own. So in the meantime you will have to settle with me reading for you." he smiled at me. "So... anything special you want me to grab? I assume you don't want anything they have here." he said. I furrowed my brows. "You are very particular about the books you read," he gave me a reassuring smile. "I don't remember any books I've read, if you don't count the ones I used to read as a child." Fred got up from the armchair. "Why don't I grab some of your favorites then, maybe some of your favorite sweets. You want me to grab you some clothes from home too? Maybe something more comfortable?" he asked. I just nodded and gave him a small smile. He kissed the top of my head in a loving way. "I'll be right back then" he walked over to the door, but stopped and turned around. "Will you be okay if I leave?" I let out a small laugh. "Of course I will be okay, I'm not some puppy who can't be left alone." His face became brighter, his eyes shined with pure love. "You have said that once or twice before" he said giving me a big smile. "Now go, I want sweets" I said. I could still hear the laughter as he closed the door and left.

We spent the rest of the day inside, eating sweets, laughing and Fred read to me until the stars arrived and I had fallen asleep.