08, volleyball

chapter- eight
[real life]

-

madi and emily are playing volleyball while alahna and nick sit at the bleachers and chris and matt take laps around the field.

nick and alahna are bored so they are asking random questions that comes to their minds. "okay how about this, if there were two people in our friend group to date, who would they be" alahna asks.

"i dont know, we're all best friends. i cant see anyone in our circle dating" nick tells her. "i think i can see emily and matt" alahna says. "if anything it would be matt and madi" he says.

"yea your right, emily and chris are better" she says. "do you think one of them likes the other?" she asks. "i think they are the type to like each other but not know it you know?" he explains.

"yea i see that, so if anyone in our circle would date it would be emily and chris. confirm?"

"confirmed" he says. they then sit in silence for a few seconds. "i seriously cant imagine madi and matt together" nick says. "yea me either i dont know what i was thinking" alahna says which causes the two laugh.

meanwhile, matt and chris are on their 3rd lap around the field. "when do you plan on telling her?" matt asks chris. "never. keeping it a secret" chris tells him.

"chris dont be stupid. you have to tell her eventually" matt says. "why do i have to tell her? i can keep it a secret and nothing will be destroyed" chris explains.

"but what if it doesnt destroy things, what if it does the opposite" matt tells him. "make things better?" chris questions. matt nods his head in response.

"not risking it" chris says. "chris." matt says sternly. chris looks over to him and sees him standing instead of walking so he stops in his place. "what" he replies.

"im sorry to do this to you but if you dont tell her soon then i will" matt tells him. chris' face turns into a confused one. "why that is our friendship on the line, it can change everything, we dont know what can happen" chris explains.

"you have until new years chris, and if you still havent told her then ill tell her that night" matt says then walks away from chris before he can reply.

emily and madi are playing volleyball still when
matt walks over. they were talking about boys in each others classes and still continue when matt walks over.

"hey" madi says first since she saw matt walk over. "hey, what are you guys talking about" matt asks. "boys" emily says while smiling knowing he will want to leave.

"oh my god already?" he says. "yes already" madi says as she hits the volleyball back to emily and it goes back and forth between them.

"well finish up your game or whatever because its about time to go" matt tells them. the two girls smile at each other and it makes matt confused.

madi hits the ball to emily and starts to run and when he looks over to emily he gets hit in the head with the volleyball. all he hears is the two girls laughing and he looks to see them running away.

matt grabs the volleyball from the ground and runs after them. emily first then madi since shes the one that hit him.

madi runs over to the bleachers with nick and alahna and emily is running to chris since hes closer.

chris looks over at the noise of footsteps and sees emily running in his direction. emily gets to chris and gets to the side of him. "what happened why are you running" chris asks her while laughing.

"matt is trying to get me" she tells him out of breath. he looks over to where she came from and sees matt coming in his direction too.

chris puts his hands on emilys waist and puts her behind him instead so she isnt on the side of him where matt can get her easily. "let me get emily move" matt tells him trying to catch his breath.

"have to get through me first" chris tells him. "even better then" matt says. matt puts the volleyball onto one of his hands and throws it at chris. it was now matts turn to run.

chris grabs the volleyball fast from the ground and runs after matt to get his hit back. "cmon emily!" chris yells out while running.

emily jogs over to them but instead goes to madi, nick, and alahna so she doesnt get hit by matt by the volleyball. she already knows he would still try to hit her after she got him.

emily watches chris get his hit back and matt groaning in pain. chris runs over to the bleachers and matt walks over. "what did you do to get matt chase after you anyway" chris asks emily.

"i hit him with the volleyball" emily tells him. "then i should've let him hit you to get his hit back" chris says. "wow then ill go get hit then" emily says as she walks past him to get down from the bleachers. but chris grabs her wrist stopping her.

"i got hit for you so you dont need to get hit, cmon" chris tells her as he moves his hand from her wrist to hold her hand which she takes.

he walks over to the others with her following behind since their hands are connected. she doesnt say anything and just follows. its normal that they hold hands, they are starting to do it more often now. nobody speaks on it, they just watch it happen.

matt walks over and sits down by emily. he hits her in the arm. "ow matt!" she says putting her hand over the spot he hit her at. "thats what you get" he tells her.

she rolls her eyes and looks over to chris to see him already looking at her. he sends her a smile which she returns. the teacher blows the whistle saying its time to go.

the six get up and make their way down the bleachers and back into the school building to finish the school day.

Nailea speaks
-
am i back? maybe. maybe not. 🤷‍♀️
im going to make the chapters this kind of length or a little longer bc my long chapters take forever and if i make chapters this length, there would be more updates and more often