16, whats wrong

chapter- sixteen

[real life]

-

chris walks through the halls and out the school; going around the building. he climbs up the ladder and is now on the roof. he doesnt know how long hes gonna be there, but he needs to be away from everyone.

so he sits there the whole class period; debating if he wants to go back or not for the rest of the day. he sends a message to matt and gets off of the roof.

chris doesnt want to go back to class with emily so he decides to go take a walk and see where he arrives at in the end.

trying to come up with better plans perhaps while he's walking.

lunch arrives and the friend group are at the lunch table. "where's chris?" madi asks; as the sets her bag down and sits down with her friends.

matt looks over at emily; expecting her to answer since she had class with him.

emily doesn't say anything since she's still upset about the interaction she had with him though, but she decides to keep it to herself for now.

'maybe chris will come through and apologize' emily thinks. she looks over to matt and he sends her a worried look; causing her to look away.

matt decided to answer madis question after that. "he left" matt tells her. nick looks up from his phone and to matt. "where'd he go? i thought he'd be in the restroom or something"

matt just shrugs in response. "hey is lahna coming?" matt asks. "uhh im not sure, let me ask" madi tells him while pulling out her phone.

when madi goes on her phone he scoots over to emily and turns to her. "whats wrong?" matt questions.

emily does a little battle with herself debating if she wants to answer honestly so she can tell the truth to someone or lie.

she looks up and over to matt from picking at her fingers. matt already knows by looking at her. "im okay" emily tells him.

mattt sighs and looks over to the group. "guys me and emily are gonna go on a little walk real quick, we'll be back in 5" matt says as he gets up from his seat.

emily has a confused look; it doesn't help that matt takes her wrist and encourages her to get up. the two then walk out the lunch room and into the school hallway.

"where are we going?" emily asks. matt looks down at her.

"i know ur not okay and that something is wrong, i can tell because of the look on ur face and because u did that thing with ur fingers" he tells her while continuing walking.

after that she decides to stay quiet since he knows already; she doesn't have a reason to deny it anymore. matt looks at her again and his face softens.

"i know u don't want to tell me what's wrong or at least right now, but im here for you and to listen. now come tell me what u want from the vending machine so i can cheer you up a bit" he says as they walk around the corner to the vending machine.

emily smiles and looks up from the ground so she can see what to get.

-

time skip

the four of them walk out of school and start going to the car. emily goes to sit in the passenger seat since that's where she goes when chris is gone; while nick and madi go to the back as usual.

once they are all in the car emily puts on her seatbelt. she hasn't been talkative that much today.

madi and nick have been talking to eachother all day and matts treating her like she's fragile. which she is. and as her bestfriend hes waiting for her to tell him whats wrong sooner or later.

matt puts on his seatbelt and starts the car. he plans to get him and nick to confront chris when they get home. whatever is up with him needs to get handled immediately.

before he reverses out the parking lot, he gets the aux cord and hands it to emily. she looks at it and smiles; which causes matt to smile and let's him know he can start driving.

emily plays taylor swift and her and matt sing along to it during the car ride. madi is laying her head on nicks shoulder while she's scrolling on her phone; nick doing the same as well and laying his head on hers.

matt drives into emily's driveway a few minutes later and parks the car. madi gently raises her head from nicks shoulder since he was laying on her as well.

emily unplugs her phone from the cord and grabs her bag. madi says her goodbyes and exits the car first; and then emily. but as emily walks around the car to go to her house; matt yells out her name.

"emily" he says. she turns back around confused; but goes up to his window. "make sure u text me later okay? we're gonna talk about it" matt tells her genuinely.

emily nods her head. "okay i will, bye matt" she says as she starts walking back to the house. he turns to the passenger seat and sees nick getting in the seat.

"we need to see whats up with chris when we get home nick" matt tells him as nick shuts the car door.

nick nods his head in response as he puts on his seatbelt. "i agree" he tells him. matt then puts the car in drive and leaves emilys house; now going to his own home.

Nailea speaks
-

i haven't reread this over so i'm sorry if there's mistakes or if things are confusing. but yea here u go ily🤗🫶🏼