09, believe

chapter- nine
[real life]

-

the school day went by fast. chris and emily sat by each other in every class they had together along with their friends if they were in the class too. it is now the end of the school day, they all decided to go get mcdonalds to eat. alahna went back with her friend though so she didnt come with them.

the five sat the same way that they did when they came to school. emily, madi, and nick in the middle, matt obviously in the drivers seat since hes driving, and chris in the passenger seat.

madi, nick, and emily were all talking to each other about their day. matt was focused on driving so they can get to their destination safely while listening to the music that was playing.

chris was on his phone texting his friend
elmer; trying to get his mind off of what matt said at the field.

"matt" chris whispers to him. "what" he says in a whisper back. "did you mean what you said on the field?" chris asks him. "yes" is all matt says.

chris all of a sudden has a feeling in his stomach. is he telling the truth? i dont know. he wouldnt do that to me. its messed up.

"i dont believe you" chris tells him. "okay then i guess ill have to tell her early wont i" matt says which causes chris' eyes to go wide.

"emily" matt says out loud for her to hear, chris' eyes shoot over to her. she stops listening to what madi and nick were talking about and looks over to matt. "yea?" she says.

"do you want to know what the secret is? the one you were wanting to know about earlier" matt asks her as he takes his eyes off the road for a second and looks over to chris to see his face.

'matt stop' chris mouths to him. matt then looks back over to the road. "of course i want to know, what is it?" emily asks; eager to know the secret.

"never mind sorry, i forgot that i texted them asking if i can tell you and they said no" matt says. him and chris both obviously knowing that what hes saying is a lie.

"well if they say you can tell me then tell me" emily tells him. chris looks at the road and lets out a sigh of relief. "yea i will" matt tells her, a smile present on his face.

"thanks matt" she says. "no problem" he says back. she then goes back to the conversation with madi and nick. a few seconds later matt parks in the mcdonalds parking lot. he turns off the car and looks over to chris.

"still dont believe me?" matt asks him in a whisper. chris rolls his eyes clearly irritated. "whatever bro" he says back also in a whisper and gets out of the car.

matt smiled even more because of his brothers reaction. the four got out of the car as well and they all go into the mcdonalds building.

they then all order and go sit down at a booth. matt, emily, and madi on one side and chris and nick on the other. matt is on the edge, emily is in the middle, and madi is by the wall. madi and emily got chicken nuggets and fries with a sprite to drink and the triplets get their usuals.

"so are we staying the night again at emilys house or no" nick asks the group. emily shrugs as she puts a fry in her mouth. "i know i am, so its you guys that need to figure it out" madi tells them.

"i want to" matt says then takes a sip of his drink. chris and nick look at each other and start nodding their head. madi, matt, and emily look at each other confused at their interaction.

they start eating their food and look up at the three. "what?" chris asks. "what was that" matt asks the two. "we decided to stay over again" nick says as he takes a bite of his chicken nugget.

"thats how you guys communicate?" madi asks. "yes" nick and chris say in unison. emily just shakes her head and continues to eat. so do the others.

Nailea talks
-
short chapter but i wanted to update