18, grocery shopping

chapter- eighteen

[real life]

-

emily moved around; starting to wake up from her nap. she moves her hand around trying to feel for her phone and when she finds it she checks the time.

it's 6:27 pm. she lays in silence for a bit until she gets up remembering she has to go grocery shopping.

she makes her way downstairs to see madi sitting on the sofa watching tv. "hey mads" she tells her.

her head turns to face her at the sound of her voice. "hey sleepy head"

emily smiles at the name she called her. she walks over to sit down next to madi and lays her head on her shoulder.

"u okay?" she asks; moving her hand to stroke her head while she lays on her. "i dont know" emily says honestly.

"how about we text one of the triplets to come to the store with us so we don't go by ourselves" madi asks.

emily feels a wave of sadness again at the thought of chris, making her think back to his words as well.

"try matt or nick" emily says softly. madis eyebrows furrow in confusion of why chris isn't an option; but she doesn't speak on it.

"mkay" is all that she says as she reaches for her phone to text the new groupchat to see which one of them wants to go.

nick declines because he's talking with alahna, but matt takes the offer and says he's on his way.

as madi turns off her phone after the two responses she got; emily speaks up.

"who's coming?"

"matt is, nick declined. he's talking to alahna" she says as she goes back to stroking emily's hair softly.

emily smiles a bit. "i miss alahna" she says.

"me too"

about 10 minutes later matt pulls into the driveway. he knows where the secret key is at so he unlocks the door and puts it back.

emily and madi are unfazed; knowing that it's him coming in. matt is upset as well after what happened with chris.

he walks over to the couch and sees the two girls. his face softens at their state. after a few seconds; he sighs and goes to sit with them.

he lays his head down on emilys shoulder. the three continue watching the tv for 2 minutes or so.

matt speaks up. "do u guys think we should go to the store now?" he asks the two.

"maybe" emily says.

"i think so" madi follows after.

matt groans as he gets up. "cmon guys let's go, we can come back and do this when we're done at the store"

madi and emily look at him; not moving an inch. matt puts his two hands out for the two girls in front of him. they look at each other and extend their hands; meeting matts.

he pulls them up and off of the couch. "time to go" he says; smiling at them.

madi walks over to the counter and grabs the grocery list, while emily goes to get her wallet that has the money.

matt turns off the tv and opens the front door for his two bestfriends and locks it once they are now outside and out the house.

"what music do you guys wanna listen to?" matt asks as they get in the car. they shrug; not saying a word.

'not talkative i see' matt thinks.

he starts the car and looks over to the passenger seat; seeing emily look out the window. his eyes move to the back seat and see madi also looking out the window with her arms crossed.

madi is upset because she can sense that emily is upset. so she's thinking about it and what's up with chris recently.

matt plays gracie abrams since he knows she's a new artist that they've been starting to listen to.

the car ride is quiet besides the music playing. so matt has to take matters into his own hands and lighten up the mood even if he's upset as well.

they get out the car and walk into the store, matt walks over and grabs two shopping carts while the two girls look in a different direction.

emily sees it first and says "i don't think we need two shopping carts"

madi looks over as well and laughs "what are you doing matt"

"who's first"  he asks.

with emily not knowing what he's talking about, she immediately points to madi. he looks over to madi and sends her a smile.

"emily you push this cart" he says; pushing the cart towards her direction as he walks over to the over one.

"madi get in this one" he says. emily smiles at the thought. "nuh uh" madi says as she starts to walk away. "it'll be fun cmon" matt urges her.

"pleaseee" emily begs. matt walks over and picks her up while she's not looking.

"matt what the fuck put me down" madi says as she starts kicking her feet. emily starts to burst out laughing "u kicking ur feet only gives me a chance to drop you" matt says

madi stops when she feels her body being put in the cart. matt laughs at the sight of her in the cart while she sends a deadpan look at him.

"what's the reason of this" she asks. matt shrugs as he walks around to push the cart. "for the experience" he says as he starts pushing the cart with madi inside of it.

emily follows behind as they begin to get everything on the list that madi made.

halfway through, they enter an isle. it's empty so matt decides to run down it while pushing madi with him.

she screams in fear while emily laughs and is in shock. he walks back down the isle back to emily while madi turns around and hits him in the arm.

"get me out of this cart now matt" she tells him. he laughs at her response and lifts her up and out of the cart.

matt looks over to emily and gives her a smile with his arms out. her eyes widen in fear. "no fucking way matt"

madi smiles. "nuh uh, if i did it your doing it too" she tells her.

emily tries to make a run for it but matt is able to grab her and put her over his shoulders like he did with madi.

this time, emily doesn't do anything like madi did. she just sighed and accepted her defeat. so it was much easier for matt to put her in the cart with her calm state.

he looks at the girl in the cart. "fun" he smiles. "let's go get some baking supplies and bake tonight" matt says.

he starts pushing the cart with now emily in it while madi pushes the other cart with all the groceries.

the three friends laugh and play around with eachother while they're shopping. each forgetting about why they were upset

Nailea speaks
-

i thought i should update again since we're near the holidays, i plan to post a chapter to each story on christmas as a gift but let's see if i'll go through with it😭 this also is unedited so idk if there's mistakes but i hope u enjoyed this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it 🫶🏼