5| Time

<Deathbringer>

Tsunami's house was big. Bigger than most houses I've seen, anyway. Two pillars stood on her balcony, holding the roof up. It was painted white and pearl blue with a walkway to the entrance and a fountain in her front yard.

I also definitely noticed the way Glory winced when she saw Tsunami's house.

"Nice place," I said to Tsunami as she started putting in the code to enter her house.

"Most people don't believe us when we say Tsunami lives in an actual palace, but I guess now you do," Sunny said brightly. "And this is only the outside."

"All I can say is wow," I said truthfully as the front door swung open. The inside was even prettier. "I'm impressed. And I don't get impressed easily."

"Tsunami's bedroom is practically bigger than my whole house," Starflight said as we walked in.

"Don't exaggerate, Starflight," Tsunami said with an eye roll. We followed her into the house and she led us to the living room. "Pick a movie to watch or something. I'm going to pick up Auklet with Anemone. I'll be back in, like, an hour." She paused. "And no raiding my refrigerator while I'm gone."

Sunny giggled as Starflight sighed in dismay.

"And you," Tsunami continued, shooting me a suspicious look. "Refrain from touching anything, if you can contain yourself."

I gave her a playful shrug. "Sure thing."

She finally turned around and walked out of the house, locking it shut behind her. I turned to the others after getting my fair share of her home.

Stairs were winding up to the second and third floor, gold embedding each step. A chandelier hung from the roof of the living room, and there was a huge TV that hung off the wall.

Sunny plopped down on one of the pillows on the huge sofa and Starflight sat down beside her.

I noticed Glory eyeing the chandeliers, the TV, and the winding stairs with a slightly upset expression. She clearly disliked any time she'd go to Tsunami's house and see how fortunate she was. I could tell she envied Tsunami–just a little bit.

"I vote we start on the homework," Starflight said aloud.

"I vote we stop listening to Starflight," Glory said at the same time Sunny said, "Not without Tsu."

I opened my mouth to say something but I then felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I dug into my pocket and pulled it out to see the caller ID.

Morrowseer.

"I have to take this," I said, pretending not to notice the suspicious glare Glory shot me. I stood up, turned, and headed into the kitchen as Sunny suggested to the others to watch something.

"Hello?" I answered, biting back a sigh.

"Where are you?" Morrowseer demanded. "You do realize that your first month is almost up, right?"

"I think I'm growing on her, don't worry," I murmured, glancing back at the others. "The job will be easy and quick."

"Keep telling yourself that," he mused, and I refrained from asking him what he meant by that. "Anyhow, your mother is looking like her time is almost up, compared to yours. I'd hurry if I were you."

"I genuinely don't know why you won't let me just get the job over with now," I said. "While Glory's mother is asleep, perhaps."

"That's not the goal of this mission, Deathbringer," Morrowseer said calmly. "This is to see if you're still loyal, remember? And besides, that'll test out your acting skill for any future missions. Think of this as a sort of training, alright?"

I frowned, tilting my head in confusion. "I thought I was doing this because she knew something about the organization."

"Maybe you are, maybe you aren't," Morrowseer replied ominously. "Regardless, get the job done." Before I could even open my mouth to say anything, Morrowseer hung up. I pulled my phone down and stared at it for a moment.

"What organization?" Glory's voice demanded from behind me. I sighed before plastering a fake smile onto my face and turning around to grin down at Glory. "And who's 'she'?"

So she didn't hear too much, I thought, relieved. "Why?" I asked instead of answering. "You jealous?"

"Answer my questions."

"Don't worry about it," I said, ruffling her hair.

"Hey!" she cried in annoyance, touching her hair. "Hands to yourself, idiot."

"Sure thing, babe."

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

"You did? I don't remember." I walked past her back toward the living room. Where Sunny and Starflight sat, loudly chatting. I walked to Starflight. "What day of the month is it?"

He pushed up his glasses. "I believe it is the 29th."

So Morrowseer wasn't lying.

My time's running out.

<3

(Short chapter while I work on a long one)