Daredevil is Dead

Author's Note

This story will be a crossover between Agents of Shield post Season 7 and Season one of the Marvel Netflix show the Defenders and parts of Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. This story opens with a Daredevil focused chapter but continues with more characters being added as the story continues. This won't just focus on Daredevil but instead be a story that will have characters from Shield, Defenders and Rebels interacting with each other.

December 2032

Months had passed since the disastrous campaign the Rebels undertook in Malachor that resulted in the death of Fulcrum aka Ahsoka Tano and Frank Castle aka The Punisher who escaped from Imperial custody. Calm washed over Hell's Kitchen/Lothal after this and Karen wondered if this was a sign that a storm was coming. She hadn't talked to Matt since the Rebel mission on Malachor. Karen was understably uneasy about Matt urgently requesting to meet in her office to tell her something important.

The Daily Bullentin where Karen worked was empty. It was the holiday season so Imperial propaganda news  was in full swing. Traditional media outlets slowed their news coverage at this time and even though it wasn't illegal to run any news from the Bullentin it was strongly discouraged by Imperial officials. Karen ironically noted that as much as she hated the Empire she was grateful this unwritten rule was in place. She didn't want to have to deal with whatever news Matt wanted to tell her with co workers present.

Matt opened the door and Karen could see the sadness on his face. She was numb to the curiosity that bubbled in the back of her mind. At this point Karen was done with Matt's secrecy and tendency to lie. He walked towards Karen carrying a small bag. Matt struggled to hold up the bag and Karen wondered what was inside that made it so heavy. Matt wasn't helpful as he continued to remain silent.

"What am I doing here Matt?" Karen asked

Matt responded by pulling a Daredevil mask from his bag.

"I'm Daredevil. I can explain more if you come to my apartment." Matt replied

Matt left and Karen struggled to process this information. At first she was furious and then heartbroken and finally confused. A million questions poured through her mind and she knew the only way to get answers was by going to Matt and asking them. She decided to take a walk through the New York/Lothal streets hoping the cold winter air would clear her mind. The walk wasn't fully satisfying as hundreds of Stormtroopers marched past. This reminded Karen of the failed mission in Malachor. It was hard for her to deal with the fact she was alone. Foggy her former co worker and friend was working for a large Empire friendly lawfirm called Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz. She hadn't heard from him in months while the Rebels went underground into various safehouses suspending all communications with civilian allies.

She stood outside Matt's apartment and took a deep breath. She then knocked on the door.

"Thank you for coming." Matt greeted

Matt let Karen in and closed the door. Karen was taken aback at how quickly Matt managed to figure out her identity and wondered if he was truly blind.

"How did you know it was me? Are you really blind?" Karen asked

"Yes I'm blind. I can't see you but I know you're there because I see in a different way." Matt explained

"What does even mean? See in a different way..."

Matt turned away from Karen and took a deep breath.

"It's kind of hard to explain." Matt said

"Try me."

"I see through my other senses. They're enhanced. I can smell an odor from the sweat pouring down your face. Stormtrooper patrols are increasing after Vader defeated us at Malachor and the Rebels went underground. You must have increased the pace of your walk here to get away from them as fast you could."