Will of the Force

"High Governor Tarkin I strongly urge you to reconsider. If we simply have all the airships aerial bomb the Rebel base then we can completely stamp out the influence the Rebel Alliance has in New York/Lothal and other parts of the world." Grand Admiral Thrawn urged

Tarkin thought for a second but then shook his head. The holographic image of Tarkin clenched his fists and frowned.

"These Rebels have weakened the reputation of the Empire for years. Fear is required to ensure stability in the Emperor's control of the planet. Why? Because fear is connected to obedience and loyalty. If the subjects of the Global Empire are taught not to fear by these Rebel Alliance and these Defenders particularly the ringleader Daredevil then ensuring their obedience will be impossible. Therefore you must capture the Rebel leaders and the Defenders. Interrogate them and then turn them over to me so they can publicly be executed." Tarkin ordered

"With all due respect High Governor I'm worried attempting to capture the Rebels and the Defenders will ensure a slim possibility of escape. If that were to happen it would embolden them to continue to sow dissent amongst the civilian population. Daredevil's death will significantly hurt the morale of those in New York/Lothal as well as the Rebel movement. I strongly urge you to consider orbital bombardment."

"Grand Admiral Thrawn your orders are final. The Rebel Alliance leadership must be dealt with in a very public fashion after they've been thoroughly interrogated. A full orbital bombardment prevents these objectives from being completed. Do you understand?"

"Yes High Governor."

"Good. Command your forces under these parameters and begin your operation against the Rebels."

****

Kanan knew that convincing the Bendu to help in the forthcoming battle against the Empire was a longshot. Yet he had no choice the Rebels were outnumbered and with Ezra leaving to find the Defenders it was up to Kanan to convince the Bendu to help. He tapped into the Force while on his speeder bike and sensed where the Bendu's presence was concentrated.

The Bendu a creature that was a manifestation of the Force was born within the remains of the old Avenger compound. Kanan found the scaly hide of the Bendu which appeared to be a pile of rocks to the untrained eye. Kanan being blind from a battle he fought months ago on the island Malachor didn't fall for this deception. He approached the Bendu begging for his help.

"You have brought war to my territory Kanan Jarrus Jedi Knight. Your allies the Defenders have failed to kill Aida. She is a woman who threatens the natural order that forms this reality. Your actions threaten the entire future and the delicate balance of the Force. I will have no part in your petty war!" The Bendu ranted

Kanan being blind couldn't see his infuriated expression but he could hear the anger in the Bendu's voice.

"Bendu wait...let me explain."

"No! I'm the one in the middle. I don't take sides in conflict. I only monitor the stability of the Force and reality itself."

"Yet you want to engage in a battle against the Hand. An organization that has caused suffering to the weak and helpless for years and years. Aida was the head of that organization and thanks to the Defenders that organization is gone. You can do the same by stopping the Empire. They are still a present danger to the Rebellion. More than Aida is. In fact the Empire will kill you too because that's what they do to anyone who gets in their way."

"I'm beyond your enemies and your worries about war. I'm the one that is unseen intertwined with the Force itself beyond the divisions that seperate living beings. Aida is not human though she appears to be. I plan on stripping her of her Multiversal powers. I will destroy this entire area to ensure nothing of her remains."