A Promise

Kallus exited his escape pod and entered the Phantom II. He came face to face with Jessica Jones and she sported a weary grin.

"Welcome to the good guys. Shower is occupied so you'll have to wait to wash off the Imperial stink. Fulcrum."

"You saved me from Kilgrave over a year ago. I never got to thank you for all of that. Thank you. I'm glad that I know the truth about the Empire and you helped me realize that."

"You welcome it was good working with you."

"Wow. I guess I had to barely escape the Empire and almost die to get a compliment from Jessica Jones." Kallus joked

"Don't get used to it." Jessica replied

Kallus saw Kanan towards the back of the airship and he called out to him.

Kanan turned around and Kallus approached him saying, "Kanan I'm sorry for what I put your people through. I'm sorry that my actions led to a lot of your people dying. It took me too long to understand what the Empire truly was."

"Don't worry. I understand and I appreciate your help. Your actions helped us escape and they'll help us in the battles to come. We're relocating to a small island in the Caribbean. It's called Yavin IV. That wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for what you did. Thank you."

Kallus replied you welcome and he exhaled emotionally for the first time in months.

"Are you alright Jessica?" Luke asked

"I'm fine. Kallus just came to apologize." Jessica replied

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about..."

"Yeah I'm fine. Matt's gone but...he went out on his terms. Still wish he wasn't so stupid."

Jessica struggled to hold back tears as she talked.

Luke sighed, "He was doing what he thought was best to protect the city. It's tough but you're strong. Not just physically but on the inside. You'll get through this. That's why I admire you."

Jessica wiped the tears out of her eye.

"How do you always know the right thing to say?" Jessica asked

"I don't know. I just call it like I see it. No hyperspit. Someone supported me in my darkest moments. His death is motivating me to do that for others."

Jessica wrapped her arms around Luke and kissed him. Luke wrapped his arms around Jessica and they kissed deeply for a minute. When they broke apart Jessica said, "I'm sorry. This past week has been a lot for me to take in. I don't know..."

Luke laughed, "No reason to say sorry. I liked the kiss. If we're Imperial fugitives might as well be Bonnie and Clyde...right?"

Jessica groaned in exasperation, "You just had to ruin the moment."

"I think I added to the moment." Luke replied with a smile

"Yeah...sure you did...but um thanks. I'm glad you're here Luke."

"Me too."

"Ezra I made a promise to Matt that I would protect his city. In order to fulfill that promise we'll need to take back New York/Lothal. Even though things look bleak now I believe the city will be free."Danny said

"I hope so because things have gotten so much harder. I wish Daredevil were still alive. But I guess if he were he would say never lose faith that things will get better."

Danny nodded in silence and the two stared the window of the Phantom II the sky thinking about Daredevil.

****

A nun stared at the bandaged man with bruises all over his face and body. The air taxi driver who found him said this was the closest place that wasn't a hospital to drop off this unconcious person. The nun turned to the rest of her sisters or fellow nun's saying, "Get Maggie, tell her he's awake."