09. Happy Halloween

Tatum sat in her room in the apartment she shared with Sam, Tara, and their new friend Quinn, trying to get homework done. Ever since what happened last year, Tatum barely leaves the house other than for school. She never went to parties no matter how much she was begged to go. Which is what happened tonight. Tara and Mindy tried convincing her to go to a Halloween party at a frat house. She obviously said no.

Tatum isn't really the type to party, she never was, but especially after what happened in Woodsboro. She just hasn't been in the party spirit.

~

Chad and Ethan walked down the street toward Tatum, Tara, and Sam's apartment building. "Wait, so you are trying to convince Tatum to go to the party with us?" Ethan asked trying to make sure he was clear on what the plan was.

"Yup. That's the plan. She'll probably say no, but it doesn't hurt to try," Chad said, decently optimistic about his odds of convincing Tatum. "She's never hung out with any of us since the school year started, what makes you think that'll change now?" Ethan asked.

"Actually she hasn't hung out with you and Anika since we moved here," Chad said.

"Right, my point still stands," Ethan said and Chad shrugged. "Maybe she wants to get drunk. You never know with her. She's unpredictable," Chad said and then entered her apartment building. "And Tara and Mindy already tried?" Ethan asked.

"Yes, but Tatum likes me more than them anyway so it's fine," Chad said and he got to the apartment and began to unlock all of the locks on the door. "It's Chad!" Chad yelled into the apartment. "Oh, hey, Chad. Here for Tatum?" Quinn asked from the couch.

"Yup, is she in her room?" Chad asked and Quinn nodded. "I'll be right back," he said and he walked over to Tatum's room and knocked before entering.

"Don't tell me you're here to convince me to go to some stupid Halloween party?" Tatum asked not even looking up from the textbook she was reading. "I might be here for that exact reason. Come on, Tate! It's Halloween! Come have fun with us," Chad said and Tatum looked up from the textbook. "Not happening," Tatum said.

"Please. You don't have to be there for long. And they'll have alcohol," Chad said and Tatum considered it. She has been missing hanging out with her friends outside of the apartment. "I would, but I don't have a costume," Tatum said and Chad smiled. "I got you covered. Technically Tara has you covered,  but that's beside the point. Ethan!" Chad yelled and Tatum gave him a weird look. She's only heard about Ethan, she's never met him before.

Then a guy dressed up in a full cardboard costume walked into the doorway of her room. Ethan was way cuter in person than she had expected. Ethan thought the same about her. He was only ever told stories about her. He never actually saw her in person.

"She said yes," Chad said while smiling and holding out his hand. Ethan put a backpack into Chad's hand and he held it out for Tatum to take. "I hate you," she said while grabbing the bag out of Chad's hand.

"No, you don't," Chad said.

"Yes, I do. Get out of my room," Tatum said and Chad nodded and closed the door on his way out.

"You got her to say yes?" Quinn asked and Chad nodded. "Yup, Mindy now owes me twenty bucks," Chad said.

"I can't believe she actually said yes," Ethan said and Chad looked at him. "Well, believe it, Ethan, 'cause it's happening!" Chad said he was very excited to finally get Tatum out of the apartment. They moved to New York six months ago and Tatum still only leaves it to go to class.

Chad took a closer look at the expression on Ethan's face. "Uh oh. I know that look," Chad said.

"What look?" Ethan asked.