Chapter 2: Clue

Splash!

A young boy with short black hair washes his hands on a toilet sink. He rubs his hands in soap and cleans them thoroughly . He jiggles his hands to dry the water. The boy then looks at the mirror, the first thing that pops into his mind is that he is good looking. Not in a pretty flower boy good looking way, but in a neat and clean way.

The boy's name is Alan Muller. He is a 2nd year senior high school student at Gauder Academy. He is the type of student that prefers observing people rather than creating jokes during a conversation. He is not the type to start a social event in his circle. He is not the type to start a random debate for no reason. He is not the type to procrastinate on homework or tasks. However, he is definitely the type of student who daydreams while looking at the mirror. He has a lot of thoughts in his mind, but couldn't find the time nor the ways to organize them. The only way he can resolve this struggle is to take a deep breath and move on like what he is doing now.

Shortly afterwards, Alan returns to his class. Inside, there are 4 separate groups of students. Alan walks towards the one near the window. "It's been 21 minutes, Alan. What did you do in the toilet, cry?" A green emerald hair girl with an extremely annoying, mean face makes Alan let out a deep sigh of discomfort.

"I just took a dump. I didn't realize it took that long," Alan replied.

"Don't make a lame excuse. Cry or not, you waste a lot of time!"

"Cut it out, Beatrix." A dark orange shaded black hair, tanned boy with dark circles under his eyes interrupts them, "You're too loud."

"Shut up, Arlo. You barely do your parts. You don't have the right to speak like a human being!"

"Says the avocado tyrant."

I can't believe I'm friends with them... Alan feels like being in a restaurant with 2 obnoxious freaks louder than radio music.

"Guys, come on. Stop fighting. It will not do any good," a short purple-shaded black hair boy breaks the chain.

"Mind your business, Aiden," said Beatrix. "Your intrusion is the one that doesn't do any good."

"Yeah, you're stupid to try shutting up the kiwi eater," Arlo commented.

Alan feels pity for Aiden. He did not deserve the cruel treatment. Aiden has been Alan's friend since kindergarten. He is known for his friendliness and sharp face, which gets 90% of the girls in the academy. However, he lacked charisma.

"Come on, guys. Stop fighting." A cute blonde girl interferes. "It doesn't matter whether someone is stupid or a kiwi or an avocado! What matters is we go back to work." Surprisingly, both Arlo and Beatrix listened to her and shut their mouths. In their circle, Clara is the one that has the most points in calming them down. She is very reliable in these situations.

"What's with the commotion here?" An adult man with a black tapered haircut joins.

"It's nothing, mister Leruis," Alan answers. "Just a lover's quarrel between a beanbag and an avocado."

"Hey, what did you say to me?!" Beatrix growled at Alan. He can feel he made a blunder on that one.

"Beatrix, you better defuse your bomb unless you want the nukes on your papers," Mr. Leruis firmly warns.

"Yes, sir." Beatrix gives in. Despite her aggravating attitude, she wants to keep her grades stable. No normal student would want to show their parents an unfavorable mark and Beatrix is the most serious student who strives for perfection.

"How's the assignment going?" asked Mr. Leruis.

"We're halfway done, mister." Clara answers with her soft, gentle voice.