Chapter 7: Shy Banshee and Witty Leprechaun

A girl wearing an old ragged dress with long slim black hair...

Alan freezed at the moment he finds a figure that resembles Emmet's description of a Banshee.

The presumed Banshee is sleeping soundly below the desk with her legs folded. Alan personally doesn't want to wake her up, but his inquisitiveness made him stay. He wonders how she would act. Is her personality similar to Emmet? Does she have a tragic backstory too?

Of course you dummy... She is a Banshee, there is no way one would have a heavenly childhood if someone turns into a supernatural being.

As Alan is absorbed in his thoughts, the Banshee slowly opens her eyes, awake from her peaceful rest. The moment her eyes detect an unfamiliar human being, she opens her mouth and releases a huge sound frequency, strong enough to destroy the windows. Alan reflectively jumps backward to the wall as the Banshee springs to a corner.

At the moment of alert, they look into each other's eyes, the Banshee's eyes amazes Alan. He knows that if he didn't meet Emmet, he would be terrified of the horrors in her eyes. But now he learns a little about the Shadow world and befriending Emmet, her eyes gives Alan 2 feelings.

Amazement and concern.

Alan has never seen intense green eyes, he would only imagine such eyes in a fantasy novel. But looking at the Banshee's eyes, he noticed fear and panic in them. Could it be that the Banshee is scared of Alan?

Every living creature has their own survival instincts when facing danger. Dogs would bark when a robber intruded their owner's territory, Skunks would release a bad odor when they are threatened. Octopus and Squid would emit their ink to escape. Birds would use their speed to display intimation and use trickery to avoid predators.

But what would a Banshee do?

Would they run to avoid being harmed? Would they attack to fight for their lives? Would they use special abilities to escape from danger?

That is when Alan realizes, in face-to-face with the Banshee, Alan has dumbfounded himself. He keeps imagining what she would do in the face of danger, that it made him forget that as a human, he is the one that is in danger.

In Irish folklore, the Banshee are known for their screams or wailing. On their encounter, she managed to break the window through her low cry. Imagine what a louder one can be capable of. That might be what she is about to do now.

Just as the Banshee about to do what Alan imagines, a small figure covers her mouth with his small hand, "Calm down, Quinia."

Alan relaxes his gaze as he steps back. A miniature human that is seen in green suits and green hats... Alan is awed by the similarity of Emmet's description. He can't help but feel astonished by this unexpected encounter, it's like the horror atmosphere has driven out. Being that Alan always daydreams of being in a folklore story.

"I appreciate the admiration, but I preferred to not be looked at as a thing," the Leprechaun's comment widened Alan's gaze.

"Oh, sorry," Alan reacted. He will try to be mindful next time.

Aware of the situation, Emmet quickly ran towards them, "Alan, you okay?"

"Don't worry, I'm good."

"Ah Emmet, where have you been? We have been searching for you." said the Leprechaun.

"I was hiding from Corrumpos in the pharmacy."

"Quinia was worried sick, she thought you were dead."

"No, I'm not," the banshee who Alan guessed is Quinia looks flustered.