Chapter 6: Friendly Ghost

Alan can't move his muscles on the sight of the unknown creature. He can't run like how he would usually react. He can't crawl out of the room. He can't shout his mind to wake up. His eyes are completely fixed onto the mysterious creature's eyes. The distorted creature slowly turns its head to Alan's direction. Alan notices it. But instead of attempting to hide or running away, Alan can only widen his eyes and move his legs closer to the window. The creature's eyes captivate Alan, filling his mind with chill air that is pulling him closer to the window.

Move Alan! His survival instinct roars in his hollow body, demanding to fully regain his self control. But his legs refused to comply, numbed into alive puppets following his unknown master to the abyss. Alan can't make out why he is frozen at the sight of it. Is it because Alan can't fathom the creature's appearance? It doesn't have a nose nor a mouth nor hair nor ears. It only has pure rounded white eyes with a distorted black skin. Whatever the reason being, the creature walks closer to the window, taking a closer look towards Alan.

Is this the end? Despair starts to consume him, weakening his legs and his spirit.

Forgive me, aunt Jessica. I'm sorry, Calvin. I'll miss you, Aiden, Beatrix, and Arlo. I love you, Cla-

A figure pushes Alan to the ground, covering his mouth. Alan's whole body burst as he regained his senses. "Calm down!" A familiar voice shuts him down. It's Emmet, the ghost boy. "We can't let it see us, don't look at its eyes." Alan can still discern the distorted creature, walking closer towards the window. The heavy resounding footsteps made Alan close his eyes, Emmet gently caressed Alan's head to calm him down.

The creature stops when its head covers the entire window, its distorted white eyes analyze the class with full detail. Emmet waits till the creature gives up, closed eyes Alan decides to wait till the fatigueness wears him down.

After an hour of waiting, the creature turns it back as the heavy footsteps slowly fade. Alan, who is currently still conscious, is aware of it. Emmet stands up, "That was close."

Alan hurriedly crawled away from Emmet, "You again?"

"Don't be afraid, I'm here to help."

"What if you just want me for yourself?"

"I wouldn't risk myself to save you from a large Corrumpo."

Alan can't argue with that. That monster does look extremely dangerous, and its eyes, it will haunt him for life. "Why do you want to save me, then?" asked Alan.

Emmet paused for a second, "A Reaper saved me once, I want to return a favor."

"A Reaper?"

"Yeah, you're not a Reaper, are you?"

"Do Reapers look human?"

"In the Shadow world, yes."

Alan guesses that is the name of this gray, creepy world, but he couldn't make sense of those who live in it. Reaper? Ghost? Corrumpo? He wants to understand all of them, he wants to know their capabilities and weaknesses. He needs to learn of this world. He has to accomplish that in order to return to his home.

To his aunt... to his friends... to her...

"You okay there?" Emmet waves his hands in front of Alan's muse expression.

He alerted himself, "Tell me about this world and those uhhh, Corrumpo."

Emmet is a little surprised by the sudden change of attitude,"You trust me now?"

"I have no choice," Alan responded.

"I guess that's true," Emmet chuckled. "There are two worlds that exist in the universe. One is called the Persona world and the other is called the Shadow world. The Persona world is where humans are born from, where you came from. The Shadow world is where all creatures that are made from human's unconsciousness."