Eight

The jagged peaks of the mountain range towered over the valley, their tops dusted with freshly fallen snow. Among them, a particular peak stood with its slopes covered in a perfect layer of powdery snow. This was the mountain that every snowboarder in their vicinity had dreamt of conquering. With its steep descents and challenging terrain, it was a place where only the bravest and most skilled dared to venture.

Amidst the gentle snowfall trekked seven teenagers, each wearing their own idea of an appropriate snowboarding outfit.

(Y/n)— who by now was quite experienced with the mountain's environment— wrapped herself in three layers of cotton clothing as well as a large, unflattering beanie adorned with a Melody charm at the end.

Rensuke, Meguru, and Yoichi all shared the sentiment of being safe than sorry. They wore their designated jackets beneath their best quality coats with  gloves, earmuffs, and beanies.

Reo and Hyoma, however, were more on the stylish spectrum. They wore purple and pink outer coats matched with beige and white scarves as well as tall, fuzzy boots to protect their feet (they wore no head protection as they claimed it would ruin their hair even more than the snow).

Lastly, we have Seishiro— who was on a whole 'nother league of his own. He wore two layers: a t-shirt and a parka which he was too lazy to even zip up. He wore jeans and some converse, but that was about it.

"Aren't you cold, Nagi?" Yoichi said, voicing out everyone's thoughts as they all made their way over to the snowboarding cabin.

"Yes," Seishiro said bluntly. "But it's okay, I guess."

"Nagi," Reo said. "I thought you told me you had enough winter clothing?"

"I thought I did but then I realized I've never gone to a snowy region ever in my life."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I knew you'd drag me to go out shopping and I was too lazy."

Reo sighed, "your laziness will be the death of you someday."

"I feel like he's doing it on purpose sometimes, you know," Meguru whispered into Reo's ear. "Like... Maybe he's a masochist?"

"I heard that." Seishiro looked back. "I don't like pain, so no."

"Your words contradict your actions." Rensuke shook his head in disappointment.

Seishiro pouted as he wrapped his arms around himself, rubbing them for some form of warmth. Admittedly, he was beginning to regret his decision, but he wasn't about to inconvenience everyone about it since it would involve speaking up.

"Here." He felt a coat being draped over his shoulders. Looking back, he could see that it was the result of a certain tender female.

"Thanks," he said. "But you don't have to." He moved to give (Y/n) back her coat but she held her hands up to stop him.

"No, keep it." She shook her head. "It's my job to watch over our guests. Besides, I've grown accustomed to the cold."

"I refuse to believe you're inhumanly immune to freezing temperatures, (L/n)." Hyoma sighed. "But seeing as you're quit stubborn about these things, just make sure to make it up to her, Nagi."

"Okay." Seishiro nodded, pulling the coat closer to his body to create protection against the cold. He eyed the (h/c)-haired girl, thoroughly intrigued by the things she did.

Why did she always go out of her way to care for them? Sure, she was their host, but was it the host's responsibility if their guest failed to dress appropriately?